• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally caught a break.

Gigantopithecus

After stuck working graveyard at a warehouse since November 2015, I landed a job I've been trying to get for what feels like ages. As of tomorrow morning, I walk away from a dead end, low pay job, to a career. Monday, I start as a security analyst....and a $25k increase in income for starters. With the possibility of tripling my current income within 3 years. So for the next couple of years, it's going to be nothing but studying for certifications.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

After stuck working graveyard at a warehouse since November 2015, I landed a job I've been trying to get for what feels like ages. As of tomorrow morning, I walk away from a dead end, low pay job, to a career. Monday, I start as a security analyst....and a $25k increase in income for starters. With the possibility of tripling my current income within 3 years. So for the next couple of years, it's going to be nothing but studying for certifications.

Congrats Jamie, it's been a long, tough road.

Pretty open market around here. Not enough qualified people in this area. That makes salaries nice.

excellent news, you will of course share your windfall with us right?(nudge nudge wink wink, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat :D:D)

Sorry. The wife already claimed all profits. I get to pay the bills and she spends the rest on fixing this busted ass house. I've already received a list of things that "need fixing".

Maybe you were meant to keep it. New career means maybe a few dollars it's way one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news. Hope it all works out for ya. Now get to work....and that nice paycheck.

Well done and congratulations, Jamie !! Looking forward to hearing your new life with a better schedule and a LOT more filthy lucre to blow . . .

Thanks all. I definitely look forward to not being one paycheck away from flat broke and working days again. I think the wife is even more relieved. Now I just got to get my sleep schedule back in order after being a vampire for so long.

Honestly, I couldn't have gotten this without the help of a former coworker. He gave me all the training materials to get the job and pushed me. And my wife for helping me study. Once I passed my tests, I gave those guides to two coworkers, who also passed their tests. The one that worked nights with me got a call about a possible opening coming soon(someone getting promoted) So in a few months, we might end up working together again.

Back