• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally have the parts to reassemble my engine

Finished it up this morning and after lunch fired it up. Thankfully it lit right off and ran just fine. Got the air burped out of the system and runs smooth as a stuck pig. :yah

I'll let it cool down, top it off, run it a little more then maybe get the beehives swapped back in. Not much left to do after that to be ready for the first track day.

What a frigg'n relief. I thought that with the severe storm warnings, heavy rain, wind and hail, I was being sent a warning but it all worked out.

As required....PROOF Actually this was taken AFTER the break-in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q21e_MIa86U

Rick

Before you go off to the track : don't forget your steeringwheel in all that excitement. :roll :roll :roll
BTW sounds gooooooooooood

"B67FSTB" said:
Rick

Before you go off to the track : don't forget your steeringwheel in all that excitement. :roll :roll :roll
BTW sounds gooooooooooood

Hey Charlie, who's Rick?

"Fast68back" said:
Just in time for the rain..... Bruno, he is Mark, not Rick....

It was pretty funny that it started raining just before I started it up! Were your ears burning?

All finished.

Everything's back together and the hood is back on. Swapped out the break-in springs for the beehives and ran it a little more. I still need to test drive it, but will have to wait for it to dry up a little first!

Awesome! Congrats bud!

And it may just be the video, but does that shaft mount rocker system cause more valve train noise? It just seemed "louder" to me in the actual engine bay.

Maybe it was from the soft break-in springs? Sounded normal to me (with ear plugs in)! The sweet sounds of solid lifters.

Sounded great to me. Congrats. If J can pick up valve train noise from that video he has some damn fine hearing. It just sounded strong and loud to me.

Back