• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally starting on getting it running again

sportsroof69

STREET CAR
Those who know me from other boards, know my car has been down an engine since December. Well, I ordered my Dart block yesterday to start the process of getting it going again. I have somewhat developed a very solid plan, that I'm unsure of, that will definitely not not be changing.

The old engine was a stock 351W block 408, Scat cast crank, hyd roller cam, TW 185s, Vic Jr, and a Pro Systems carburetor, that was good for some 9.60s in the 1/4.

This is going to be a Dart block, 4.125 bore, 4.00 stroke, Crower forged crank and H beams, Diamond custom pistons, sticking with a hyd cam since I drive it everywhere, Super Vic, and FAST XFI sportsman fuel injection. I wa going to buy new heads, but I think I've decided to send them for Fox Lakes biggest CNC program, and they should flow 330 when I get them back.

I think This setup will yield almost another 100 hp on motor, and the ability to spray a whole lot more. I'm ready to get it going again.

Back