• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Firewall mat... arg

steveh326

Man I wish I would have searched on here BEFORE I bought my crappy fitting aftermarket firewall mat... went to install it last weekend and nowhere close to fitting. Just close enough to know it was for my car but nothing lined up right.

From searching on here, it appears I can use 2 layers of the butyl sound deadening product I have used everywhere else (from Eastwood, similar to hushmat) and then one layer of the PS Ensolite from Rammat, is that correct?

http://www.raamaudio.com/ensolite-i...ended-absolutely-the-best-foam-on-the-market/

I already have the Eastwood sound deadener so plan to use what I have and add the above, and throw the firewall pad I have in the trash, but let me know if I am making a horrible mistake...

>> Well don't keep it a secret! What mat did you buy that was so bad?

hell, I wish I could remember ! it's been in my parts pile for probably close to 2 years.

if there are mats out there that are a decent fit I might consider going with another one. But I searched and found posts where lots of people had issues with them fitting right... and I also figured technology has probably improved in the 50 years since one was installed in my car and there may be better options nowadays...

Back