• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fly wheel?

You can put a socket and a huge ratchet on the front crank bolt and turn the engine, or you can use a flywheel turning tool from underneath. Using a socket is not recommended unless the spark plugs are out.

55580530.jpg

from page 8-138 in my 67 repair manual, flywheel to crankshaft is 75-85 and on page 7-94, converter to flywheel is 20 - 30. Hope that helps.

Yep, that helps a bunch :)

I had everything pretty much disconnected yesterday then an old high school buddy of mine stopped by to help me pull the old C4 out and lift the new one in there.

Basically, I was working from noon to five or so on it yesterday. Went back out last night and hooked up the cooling lines and got the starter mounted. I was working on the wire that hooks to the started and sat up to reach for a wrench and the room started spinning so needless to say I knocked it off for the night.

Guess I became victim of being 'heat sick' and got dehydrated. Still feel kind of blah today but I've been taking it easy and drinking lots of water today.

Almost done. I have to put the drive shaft back in, hook up one side of the exhaust, attach the speedometer cable, reinstall the neutral safety switch, put the top bell housing bolts on then install the dipstick and of course fill it up with fluid but it's getting there. I would've knocked the rest out today but needless to say I am not really wanting to be in the heat today.

Back