• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

For Sale 70 Convertible Power Top (NY)

Fordrevhead

1970 Convertible Power Top Complete Frame (no Canvas)

Hey all, very active on 1969stang.com, new here and trying to clean garage...

This was removed last Fall from car parked in barn since 1978 with the top up (cylinders extended).

I cut off the brittle old top from the frame and sprayed all joints liberally with Kroil.

Removed Pump, lines and wiring harness and disconnected cylinders.

Bench tested pump and it works fine in both directions. Lines are all in tact but I can’t guarantee them. Scott Drake Lines are $100 for both sets if needed. Pump isolation bumpers and mounting hardware included. Pump #C8AF-15667-A1

Original Pump mounting bracket and mounting hardware also included. This part is next to impossible to find and is not available as reproduction.

Unbolted frame in rear and unlatched front and pulled off in one peice. Carefully examined joints and folded up off of car. (I didnt want to bend anything if there was a stuck joint). Frame has a couple areas of minor surface rust. I would sandblast, repaint and go through the entire thing. One latch seemed floppy but both worked. I stripped the liner back on the cast aluminum front edge to find some corrosion on one side. I would build this back up with metal-2-metal filler. Once the liner is glued on and the top wrapped it should remain dry and hold up fine. It broke down because the top was so poor. One tension cable is also broke but for or about $15 to $20, I would replace both cables and springs anyway.

Cylinder Shafts are very rusted and stuck extended. Cylinders are the same from 64-70. Most restorers replace these anyway because the original aluminum ones were prone to stress cracks. I can ship these along too or scrap them.

Welt Tips included.

Both Coat Hooks Included.

Complete Wiring Harness:
-From switch back to motor (2 piece connects in passenger kick panel to allow routing). Feed rear piece in from rear, front piece in from switch.
-From switch forward through firewall to starter solenoid. By the looks, it needs a new circuit breaker ($13).
-The Ends at the switch have been cut and spliced so maybe the switch isn’t original? This I honestly don’t know. I assumed not and didn’t bother to even test it.
-Included is the original “TOP� switch knob!

I forgot to take pics of the harness but here's the rest.

I still have some other 70 Vert parts as well, see other listing.

PM Best offer + shipping from 12972 zip

Back