• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

For you welders out there...use water

Now that is sweet!
I did brazing when I was in school for small projects but never welding. Is it the same thing technically? Would brazing something produces a weaker link than welding it?
I may sound stupid, sorry. I just don't know the technicalities...

Welding is much stronger but is sometimes not necessary. The cooler and constant temperature of this invention would be a big plus for brazing. I'd say the big question is how feasible is it to bust the hydrogen/oxygen molecules up and can it someday be feasible to run a car with? A friend and I made up a little simple water buster with a couple pieces of lexan tubes, stainless steel, electric fence box and some wire. We would get a pop like a .22 shell going off about every 3 seconds. Now imagine what the educated people can do. I think it's only a matter of time before efficient membranes are worked out for both a water separation and solar panel.

"blu67" said:
Now that is sweet!
I did brazing when I was in school for small projects but never welding. Is it the same thing technically? Would brazing something produces a weaker link than welding it?
I may sound stupid, sorry. I just don't know the technicalities...

Brazing basically is basically a filler that adheres to the surface of the substrates... where as welding melts the substrates so that the molten metal can flow to a common puddle that when cooled fuses the pieces to each other. Technically you don't need to have a filler material when welding, but in most cases filler is used. Filler is required for MIG and Arc (stick) welding, but for TIG and gas welding, you could just melt the two to each other depending on the strength requirements.

I wonder if this water flame technology will somehow find it's way into home heating and or water heating applications.

You will note in the video they state that they are trying to get economics so the process is less expensive than prior welding WITH the safety costs considered. I'm guessing most private users don't adhere to the safety concerns(costs) that they are referencing.

Back