• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Freak the economy

abrahamfh

Just leaving LA right now.

Had two successful interviews, was offered both positions and then had to decline them for salaries I wouldn't be able to survive with. Sorry for the rant guys. I guess the crappy economy has slowly revealed it's ugly face in the medical industry. BlAw!

Afraid I beat you to it 6mos. ago. The small (23 sites - 30-70 beds ea.) specialty hospital co. I worked for sold out to a larger co. because of the impending changes in healthcare reimbursement. Guess what? the larger co. decided they didn't need an internal auditor who travels to all the sites and keeps them out of trouble with JCAHO and CMS....laid off on my birthday Sept. 1. Multiple resumes sent out over 3 mos., 4 interviews ended up with a job that would pay my bills but didn't compare to my traveling one. Time to buckle down and get another degree while the economy limps for the next 2 yrs....

Good luck with your search and be sure to make call backs to positions that you want but don't contact you. I had another traveling job that called me 2 wks into my new employment asking me to come interview, I had sent the resume/cover 3mos. prior. I think they hired someone that didn't work out without interviewing all viable candidates.
Jon

Back