• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Free 68 T code coupe body. Gone.

nymustang

Is there any interest in a rusty 68 body? If you come pick it up, its all yours. Its sad to say that I need to get rid of this (my first car) but I have neither the time nor money this car requires. So I'm in the process of stripping her down to just about nothing. The trick here is I plan on keeping just about everything other than the body. There will be no engine, trans or suspension. This is not a roller. Just a body.

The bad: Its got all the usual rust (some very poorly fixed by me about 10 years ago) Floors would have to be redone, I tried fixing the cowl, the windshield is out, there is rust in the drivers front frame rail, rear quarters trunk dropoffs and outer wheel houses. One set of doors has rusty bottoms.

The good: Decent Trunk lid (minor rust under the lip), decent hood (a little hacked around the latch where a hood lock was installed), one good set of doors, good glass all around, decent repaired fenders. I might through the seats in (recovered but nice) not sure yet.

You can see some pics here: http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/index.php/topic,3379.0.html I can get more detailed pics this week if anyone is interested. car is located in Staten Island NY. Feel free to ask any questions.

Re: Free 68 T code coupe body

wish it was not so far away. i have a solid 68 shell with no parts on it i am trying to build

Hey Carl,
This is a very nice offer.I recently saw on either New york city or Hudson valley craigslist that someone was looking for a bare 67-68 body,I think he mainly needed a roof for a racecar project. If you had a chance maybe you could throw a free ad out there and see what happens? You could offer it for free or perhaps ask a couple of bucks for it? Good luck.

If it was closer and I had room I'd be interested.

Might be a good one to practice the welding skills / panel replacement skills on without screwing up a car you really care about or have a bunch of money into.

i wish i had the room/ money to restore that baby.. dam dreamers. hahaha :beer

"Kats66Pny" said:
and I thought I had my hands full with my 66. :hide

Heck, just judging by the local Craigslist it'll all buff out after a little :gs

Back