• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Front end changes...

"AzPete" said:
So, now it is a no rider too....... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Pete: I fixed it for you...you almost got it right.

The alignment shop was impressed with the use of garbage bags under the tires to allow for slip also. Says he never had a need due to having the equipment but it is nice to know.

In discussing bump steer, he indicated a good test is bouncing the front of the car pretty hard. With the front wheels on a slippery surface like the bags, bounce it a couple of times. If your steering wheel tends to turn one way or another, it very well might have bump steer in that direction. This was true on my car. The closer Mid and I got to the correct settings, the less turn of the wheel there was when we bounced the front. Once correct, no wheel turning on bounce.

He also mentioned the roller perches to another classic owner. There might be some more business for a certain hobbyist for front end "stuff". Not sure of the brand vehicle though. Seems the roller front end parts have never been seen here at all.

"70_Fastback" said:
You're right. It doesn't run.... it flies! :dumas

where he's going, he doesn't need roads...

gta-vc_2007-11-14_03-08-59-95.jpg

"AzPete" said:
He also mentioned the roller perches to another classic owner. There might be some more business for a certain hobbyist for front end "stuff". Not sure of the brand vehicle though. Seems the roller front end parts have never been seen here at all.

There were no "ROLLER" parts on the market until 4 years ago. We are the first ones.
Tell him I'll be glad to work with him. We have a lot of vendors, he is welcome to join the club.

He has your web site. He said the other customer was real interested in this idea so I would expect you will get some sort of contact from this area.

"AzPete" said:
He has your web site. He said the other customer was real interested in this idea so I would expect you will get some sort of contact from this area.

Cool - Thank you very much and I am sure glad your car is working OK. I have to admit, I did loose some sleep over it.

The old man who did the alignment prior to installing the spring perches did something fairly radical, but it worked...he gave Pete the best he could with caster (-2*), but adjusted camber and toe such that with the standard perches, no bump steer and good ride-ability as well. I don't exactly know the results, but whatever it was, he tricked the car into thinking it had positive caster. It must take a lot of experience to have set up the car that way. The guy also made sure Pete knew what needed to be done in the least expensive manner and still be safe: simply use longer UCA bolts. He recommended using flat washers instead of shims to move the bolts out significantly, then use shims for the fine adjustment.

Experience and wile beats youth and vigor every time.

Back