• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Front Shocks ?

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I had a knocking in the front end for a couple weeks that I have finally tracked down. The passenger side shock has failed. It at least lasted 11 years. Time for new shocks and I want y’alls opinion on what I need. This is my daily driver and it is about 50/50 highway/city. I drive 8,000 miles per year.

I have:

· 351W
· Boxed upper control arm (from open tracker)
· Boxed lower control arm (from open tracker)
· Roller spring perch (from open tracker)
· 620 springs with ½ coil cut to lower front by an inch
· 1” sway bar with poly bushings
· Manual steering

PS this the one I had on the Power Tour.

Thanks

Bilstein front shocks they have a lifetime warranty. When my shocks go bad those are the next and last ones I'm going to buy.

funny you should post this John! I have "Grab-A-Track" gas shocks and noticed one was leaking today when I was doing some maintenance. I will be looking for shocks too!

I had the white KYB's on a 65, they were like a solid bar, took a lot to compress them. Have blue Monroe on the 68, too soft and squishy. Interested in other's recommendations also.

I have Bilsteins Sports. It was a little bit of a knee jerk, I was thinking the Street version originally. I'm very, very pleased with the Sports. Firm but not harsh ride. The seem to ride like a normal shock but as soon as they need to work, they do. I have Shaun's front suspension on my 66.

They have taken the bounce out of the ride but I only went around the block. I taking it to the farm this weekend so I will report back after that.

Back