• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Frost bite

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
:amaz :amaz :amaz I went into town and before i left I put the dogs out. They have a door from the garage to the yard. The yard is covered with about a foot of snow right now, so I fully expected the dogs to be in the garage when I cam home 5 hours later. I know it was cold, but the garage was warmer, cold but at least 20 degrees warmer.

When I got home my shepherd, corkie mix was bounding through the snow barking. Not unusual, but the 14 year old spaniel, border collie mix was just standing in the snow. We left her coat long this year she can stay a bit warmer. Well, she had ice in her fur arounf her back legs and when I opened the door to the house to let them in, she was limping badly favoring each back leg. Darn dog, just stood in the snow and laied in the snow for hours. Does she have a death wish?

I guess I have to take her with me when I leave so she will stay warm.

Anyway, I had to make her come it. She is deaf and she just wasn't moving. I finally got her in and had to make her lay down and then I covered her up. She laid there motionless for about 45 minutes and then she got up and followed me around the house. I felt bad when I gave her a bone from my lamb chops tonight and had to make her go into the garage to eat it.

I guess when I go to town next I will get her a new bed for the garage. In the mean time I will just take her with me when I go. She can ride in the cab with me.

Poor Sandy! :cry :cry :cry :po :po :po :scar :scar :scar :amaz :amaz :amaz

Mel

Back