• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Frozen window, Ideas?

nymustang

The driver side window on my currect project is quite stuck in the up position. I took off the door panel to see what was haning it up and it appears that the mechanism is in fine condition. When you crank it, you can see everything moves just a hair and then stops. The rear edge of the window has more movment than the front. It looks like the channel of the vent window has rusted and frozen the sliding glass in place. I've tried running a thin blade between the channel and the glass and I think I pulled some of the rust out of there but its still not moving. Anyone deal with an issue like this before. Suggestions or something I might be missing? Thanks a lot folks.

Try soaking it with PB Blaster. That stuff works wonders on rusted bolts because it penetrates thru the rust. A gentle vibration after it has soaked might help a bit too.

"AzPete" said:
Try soaking it with PB Blaster. That stuff works wonders on rusted bolts because it penetrates thru the rust. A gentle vibration after it has soaked might help a bit too.

+1

Back