• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel filler Mods

sorry 'bout that dude! I have begun testing with a gas cap and filling it with water. I will try the closet and light thing, sounds better.

"tarafied1" said:
sorry 'bout that dude! I have begun testing with a gas cap and filling it with water. I will try the closet and light thing, sounds better.
Grown men using flashlights to inspect their parts in closets. :homo

I received a request to do a filler neck mod from a VMF member. He sent me a neck and a check valve designed for the 57 Chevy's. http://www.mikeschevy.com/servlet/the-1898/57-CHEVY-GAS-TANK/Detail
It has a weighted flap intended to keep fuel from sloshing back on acceleration. He asked if I could combine this with my "plate". The check valve was intended to be clamped inside the rubber hose but I welded it to the plate. I had to set the hole lower and at slight angle so the nozzle would go in. I will ship it tomorrow and let yawl know any feedback I get

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 85
Craig, any feedback on the fuel filler mod with the check valve? This is something I would be interested in as the paint behind my bumper got screwed up from gas spilling out from fast starts.

Larry,
He didn't like it so I made him a regular one. I wasn't real clear on what he didn't like about it

Hi Craig,

I am new here, so forgive me for posting 90 days late.
Just curious if you are still producing these, and if so, would you be willing to make one for my brother and I?
He has a 67 FB, (bebop390), and I have the below pictured 69 B302.
Funny thing is I came across this thread after doing an internet search for filler tube fixes, as we both were lamenting this weekend about the very issue which your modification fixes, fuel splash back.
With my flat black paint, it can be a mess!
Anyhow, we each ordered, from NPD a filler neck and were brainstorming on fixes and surprisingly came up with a similar idea as yours.
I would be very interested in sending you our filler necks if you are still performing these modifications.
We are trying to get ready for next months road trip to Knott's Berry Farm for the show...
Thanks in advance,

Dana

I just got a nasty PM from a member who is upset with me. He joined the Stangfix just to ask me to make a fuel filler. I have been upfront from the beginning that I don't do this for profit and I don't have a lot of time. I did even make him one but I chose not to send it because I didn't feel it was up to standards. I'm not a perfectionist but I try to make these as if I was making them for myself. I explained this to him and he even seamed appreciative at the time.
Almost 6 months and still nothing.
Since you obviously don't have the time, why didn't you just say no when I asked if you would make me a filler neck?
Instead of wasting my time for almost half a year.

Never mind, I'll try to make one myself instead.

Morten

one thing he did get right, I should say NO instead of try to do something nice for people.

In this world of "me" and "I want it now", you can't possibly please everyone. I've had the store open for 3 months now and when people come in and ask if I'll carry a certain item for them, I say "of course". Then I have the assholes that come in and bitch because I couldn't read their worthless pea sized mushbrain prior to meeting them and have what they want. I simply tell them Petco is only an hour drive away.

Tell him to FO and go come up with his own way of making the mod. It's not like your retirement income is based off of this "mod".

What a douche.

Joined just to get a filler mod.

By the way Craig, I still get splash back with mine. I have the flip cap and the rear grill panel. Am I doing something wrong?

what ticked me off was he says I wasted his time but he contacted me to do him a favor. I actually was the one wasting time because I made one but it wasn't up to my standards.
Anyway, I responded to him and he sort of apologized. Said he wasn't upset. So maybe I read too much into his PM.

"GTchris" said:
What a douche.

Joined just to get a filler mod.

By the way Craig, I still get splash back with mine. I have the flip cap and the rear grill panel. Am I doing something wrong?
is it while you are filling? or once it is full?

no I don't think it's you. I have found that on the Power Tour some nozzles are more or less sensitive to the "auto-shut-off" feature. In fact I was in one city and I couldn't fill my tank. The nozzle just kept shutting off right away. I went to a different sation and same thing. I had to buy a funnel to put gas in the car. The rest of the trip was no problem. I have also found my local BP won't shut-off. I have to listen to when it gets full or it makes a big mess.
I think I need to create a vent of some kind.

Back