• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel remaining info

AzPete

Well, because of a stupid mistake, I ended up running the GT/CS pretty low on fuel. I actually was down to it reading 6 miles to "E". I put in 14.7 gals. in the 16 gal. tank. Not sure all the gas would be available for use so I figure I was close to out. Don't need to do that again. I have read where some went a few past the "to E" numbers.

Reason....I forgot to switch my wallet when I changed clothes because of a phone call. Went across town knowing I needed to fill up on the way home. Got to the station and found no wallet/money/cards/anything. Of course, I also had the only keys (yep, even locked them in once so far to) to the truck so the better half could not help. Fortunately, I did not pump first as I was doing the $.03 off per gal. for military.

Even did a bit of playing with the traction control while out....glad I was not requested show proof of lic.....lol

They build in a safety factor for that. You most likely could drive for another 30 miles once it shows 0 to empty, not that I'm about to try it!

That's what I figured but thought I would mention this so others don't worry to much if running close for some reason. I have heard people panic because the miles to "E" are telling them they will not have gas soon....

I live for the "RED" glow on the fuel gauge. :steer I am sure that it is still the same S197. But the miles remaining are based on the AVG MPG. So I watch the fuel used and when I get into the 15's I know that it is really time to gas up. Yes after every fill up I reset everything.

fd

Back