• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fun day at work--jack hammered out mixer truck

Flysure1

At least once a year we try to get in our truck and clean out the build up that collects on the fins and drum--1 and a half hours of running a 40 pound air hammer is hard on an old fat man----I will be stiff and sore tomorrow--done whining--(for now)

No, no...that was on Mythbusters, cleaned that truck out reaaaaaaaaal good!

There wasn't enough concrete to warrant dynamite, it is just a pain in the a$$ to crawl through that small hole on the side and climb across the fins, they are very sharp from the abrasives passed over them.

Rod, tell your boss to come off a little of that scratch and hire the concrete termites to come in there and handle that job. I don't let my drivers in them drums.

I don't think there are any crews around here that do it, anyway they are way too cheap for that---I probably could get out of it if I wanted to push all the legal requirements they are supposed to meet before anyone gets in one---I am sure you are familiar with the hand book---it is kind of a challenge anymore!--the newer trucks have the composit drums and have very little build up in them--they are stress cracking some though---kind of like an egg cracking,
my buddy that is part owner of East Coast Concrete has a pretty big job going, he has 2 portable plants set by fort Benning-(sp.?) --near columbus Georgia, supposed to pour 1/2 million yards over the next 5 years on base and new roads/air strip--wow--he said that should keep him afloat. Things are slow here right now, as they are all over in construction--it is right behind automakers for slow downs according to cnn this morn.

"Flysure1" said:
I don't think there are any crews around here that do it, anyway they are way too cheap for that---I probably could get out of it if I wanted to push all the legal requirements they are supposed to meet before anyone gets in one---I am sure you are familiar with the hand book---it is kind of a challenge anymore!--the newer trucks have the composit drums and have very little build up in them--they are stress cracking some though---kind of like an egg cracking,
my buddy that is part owner of East Coast Concrete has a pretty big job going, he has 2 portable plants set by fort Benning-(sp.?) --near columbus Georgia, supposed to pour 1/2 million yards over the next 5 years on base and new roads/air strip--wow--he said that should keep him afloat. Things are slow here right now, as they are all over in construction--it is right behind automakers for slow downs according to cnn this morn.

No crews around here either. They come from Texas to do ours. They are one f'ed up travellin road show. I don't know how they do it.

Back