• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

GAs line question please

Dne'

I hope you all don't think I'm taking up too much space onboard here :hide, I just keep running into things that prompt questions!
I bought a main gas line the other day. My original was a one piece, but my new one is a 2 piece, but takes a different direction. The original kind of goes under the mastercylinder along the driveshaft tube, takes a left, comes back down then towards the gas tank. The new one, It looks as though I'd need to drill a hole to go through the frame or underneath it, and doesn't follow the path over the rear axle as the original. I'll take pictures later, but thought I'd pass this question on. Surely someone on here has installed an aftermarket fuel line.
My original is a 5/16" line vs. 3/8". Anyone know anything? :doh

The one I put on the 67 come out the apron on the left, through the torque box to a splice point, 90 degrees out to rocker, down the rocker, over rear torque box, along inner rear frame to tank.

Torque box? is that the part like under your feet? did you have to drill a hole?

There are torque boxes on the left front and both sides on the rear. The left front should already have the hole in it. It passes through the box near the frame rail.

dne,

Sluggo has given the correct routing for the two-piece fuel line. It's the only one I'm aware of for a '67-68 car.

Although not the best picture in the world, the forward portion of the two-piece fuel line can be seen (barely) in this photo. The fuel line routes along the outside of the drivers side frame rail and enters into the engine compartment at the lower portion of the forward fender apron. It'll route rearward along the frame rail, under the UCA, angle down along the frame rail and then enter into the front of the torque box through a factory hole. The forward portion of the line will exit the rear of the torque box and then be connected by a piece of rubber flex hose to the rear (longer) line. I'll try and find/get some better pictures.

DSC03081.jpg

Early 67's apparently came with a single line going down the tunnel. Keep in mind that if you decide to install sub frame connectors on a later 67 & 68 it might interfer with the fuel line. Thus I plan to install the 65-early 67 single fuel line on Shag.

Nevertheless, here's a pic of 67 fuel line (front portion) routing down through the TB.

OMG! I can't believe how clean and new yours looks! Mine was originally going down the tunnel, and I'd prefer it to go back that direction. There are no holes in my frame like yours. I'm going to talk to Russel at Mustangmania and see if they offer a one piece the way mine originally was.
thanks,d
dne'

Back