1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1. blue65coupe

blue65coupe Well-Known Member

2. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

Hehehe. You can make one with a rubber band.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Aside from playing around with one for fun a few times does anyone really use those things anyway? Seems like a good way to waste a lot of ammo is all. i see this as giving the whiners something and moving on. I like the idea, honestly. A bit nervous about setting precedent though.

4. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Peace meal......that's all it is. Accomplishes nothing except the congress critters can say they did something. Personally, I don't care for all the devices to make a semi-auto "feel" like an auto. Except for spraying bullets everywhere, you can't hit shit with them (without a crapload of range time). And the object with any weapon is to hit what you're aiming at.

Imagine if congress was trying to piecemeal the 1st amendment away.

guruatbol likes this.
  5. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Well, that is kind of my point. From a logical and responsible perspective this would seem the right move. i can't think of a legitimate reason for such hardware other than entertainment which is acceptable if it were not for the potential carnage it could cause in the wrong hands. It is the same logic that makes fully automatics illegal without very specific requirements, etc. I don't see it as "caving" to liberal demands or acquiescing to the emotional pain of the moment as much as showing wise leadership. Jesus...did I just call Trump wise?!
    I'm sure at some point I may have argued against this from a simple basic rights point of view but I think this might be a good time to be the adult at the table and earn some respect in the process. Besides if someone really wants one they can make it themselves. ;)

6. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

i am with terry and mark, bump stocks are a nice toy to play with once in a while, but are essentially useless for the most part. they would have a use if the country had been invaded by a foreign power and the citizenry was out using them to help fight said power. otherwise i prefer semi autos, bolt actions and lever actions. i prefer good shot placement rather than spray and pray.

7. FordDude

FordDude Well-Known Dude Staff Member Moderator

When I was at my first station in the Air Force I had a buddy that was into guns. He bought a AR15 and claimed that he could make it fully auto. Only drawback was that it would no long have a safety. I never saw the weapon. That little tidbit has stuck with me all these years. I would have no use for a fully auto ArmaLite rifle. Although it would be fun to shoot a clip in auto once.

fd

8. blue65coupe

blue65coupe Well-Known Member

Actually you can make a stock AR full auto in about 10 minutes but you lose the single fire capability. Still have safety. Just better have an unmodified piece for a quick interchange.........from what I hear. Combine that with a cut 80% and you have gold. I have a bump stock that I acquired on some trading. Never shot with it, think they are gimmicky. With that being said, if some rules go into place to shut people up then I see a blacked out AK or an AR, a bump stock, and a couple 30 rd mags being sold. People will pay stupid money for something they "can't get".

Full auto is fun to shoot but you burn through a ton of ammo and 2 seconds after pulling the trigger you have an empty mag you have to reload. I'll take precision over spray any day.

msell66 likes this.
  9. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

I've played with a bump stock before. Fun for a minute, then you're completely out of ammo. It was on my dad's ar, without m4 feed ramps, so it turned into a jamomatic with the cheap ammo he had.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk