• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gertrude is on the road again!!

Kats66Pny

I had my daughter ride in the back seat and take a video using her ipod so sounds isn't all the that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asKdY5jEq9o

and my husband driving it so I could get a better video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJmiGFWOzA

Disc brakes work good compared to the drums I had.

No more pulling hard to the right either when you stop.

Oh and the noise, I *think* are the tires. Its like a whistling noise. :shrug Looking at the wheels, they look like they still lean in at the top, like the alignment is still off.

My tail lights are flickering. :wtf

Other than that, she seems to be good :part

Congrats on the first drive.... Did you change the spindles with your disk brake upgrade? Some folks have found with certain spindles when you stand on the gas the front end rises and never comes back down. It sort of sounds like what might have happened to yours since it didn't start squealling 'til you got on it a little.

That fuel pump is loud!

Kat: I am so proud of you and what you've done over the past year: you should be very happy and have a shit-eating grin on your face for several days!

Good work....

That tire squeal is most likely alignment.....one of mine did that....never came down after hard accel.

If you did get it aligned, it appears it may be to the old specs. When you turned a corner it looked like you had to wheel it back. If it had enough + caster in it, it would return to center on its own.

Awesome accomplishment though Kat!! Nothing more memorable than that first drive after a long sleep. BTW, nice wheel.

Thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without everyone's help. :thu

"silverblueBP" said:
If you did get it aligned, it appears it may be to the old specs. When you turned a corner it looked like you had to wheel it back. If it had enough + caster in it, it would return to center on its own.

:confu You might be on to something.

The steering wheel didn't go back and had to turn it. Also, when looking at the front, the wheels look like they are leaning. I think they did factory specs for the alignment and didn't take into consideration the shelby drop I did.

1_alignment.jpg

I guess tomorrow I'll be taking her back to them and telling them to redo the alignment. For $70 they charge, I want my stuff perfect.

I guess these specs are a good place for them to restart with?
http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/tech/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they really need to realign that. Those tires aren't sitting right at all. Even with the shelby drop, Mansels should have been able to see that it isn't right.

"Midlife" said:
That fuel pump is loud!

Kat: I am so proud of you and what you've done over the past year: you should be very happy and have a shit-eating grin on your face for several days!

Everything Midlife said. If you all think the fuel pump is loud on the video, you should hear it in person. If I were you Kat, I'd go to O'reilly, spend $60 and get a quieter one.

Doug

Yeah that pump is REALLY loud in person. That's a holley for ya! lol Here soon it will be swapped to a much quieter one. Maybe add it to my list of things I need to fix on it this weekend. Like those flickering tail lights. Oh and my fuel gauge not working. Last time when it didn't work, the ground wire had come loose. I'll be checking that as well.

Congratz girl :thu :thu Well done !!

note: if the fuelpump isn't wired the correct way ( use of nertia switch ect ) I would change it to a mechanical one like Craig mentioned.Just for safety issues.

Back