• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Get ready...more weather

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Nice storm just passed us out here. Its heading east and packs a punch.

I'm signed up for a track day at Laguna Seca next weekend. Looks to be an interesting trek from Idaho. Got plans B & C on deck.

Next weekend at Lagu? Can any body show up to watch?
You might call the track to make sure, but in my experience, you can generally get in to most tracks simply by signing a waiver. I haven't been to Laguna Seca since 2020, but at that time, they had no gate guard - which surprised me.

Back in June 2020, I was turned away from watching a track day at "The Ridge Motorsports Park" near Shelton WA due to COVID restrictions. I had driven up to the gate which was right in front of the paddock, but was told that only participants were allowed. I said I understood and drove back down the approach road (still on "The Ridge" property) and parked off the road - about 500 feet from the track - to watch from a distance. They sent at truck down and told me I needed to be off their property. Washington was serious about their restrictions! I complied and moved off their property and out onto the highway. I parked off the highway and wound up about 50 feet farther away from where I'd stopped the first time and watched from there - though you can't see much of the track from here.

I did a rainy track day there a few months later. It's a fun & picturesque track with a long front straight.

20200821_132051.jpg

Here's a shot taken at The Ridge front straight braking point - 130 MPH on a damp track:

130 MPH At The Ridge in the Damp.png

I exspect pics and vids ! Have a great time overthere !
I've been watching the weather closely. I'm taking my wife on this trip (unusual for us) and she's a bit less adventurous on snowy roads than I am. Though I have to admit, I also have no appetite for towing my car hauler over the Sierras if the roads are bad. This morning, the forecast looks improved on that route, but still likely unacceptable to us. We would hit there on Friday and even though the weather is looking decent, the cool temps mid-week will likely mean the roads over the pass will still be snow-covered.

Unfortunately, my Plan B of going down via southern Oregon is looking worse with Wed snow in the forecast.

My Plan C is going far south and around the California mountains - through Mojave. That looks to have good roads, but adds 250 miles to the trip.

One way or another, we'll get there. I'll take photos and I'll fire up my 5-year-old GoPro 7!

Wow quite the trip. Its a big hour away for me. Even closer for Frank.
If the weather is decent I may drive my '67. Its a county park so I'm sure they will still charge me to get in.

Back