• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Getting the Mustang ready for the Power Tour

tarafied1

well, I have been doing little projects prior to the trip. I have a 22 gallon 70 tank installed. A new aluminum radiator, 69 Mustang seat pans, 140 mph speedo... just changed the oil and trans filters. Picked up a junkyard late model spacesaver spare. couple more weeks!

The spare is a little smaller and a little lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400788064.280780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400788064.280780.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 101
I also filled the tank for the first time since the swap. The new filler neck worked great. No problem letting fill at full blast and auto shut-off work perfect

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400788233.345805.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400788233.345805.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 93
"tarafied1" said:
I also filled the tank for the first time since the swap. The new filler neck worked great. No problem letting fill at full blast and auto shut-off work perfect

Glad to hear that. Wish I was going this year. Bummer

View of trunk with new bigger tank and smaller spare tire

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400791139.547699.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400791139.547699.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 88
we will be going close by you Rich,
• June 7: Charlotte, NC
• June 8: Knoxville, TN
• June 9: Charleston, WV
• June 10: Norwalk, OH
• June 11: Crown Point, IN
• June 12: Bettendorf, IA
• June 13: Wisconsin Dells, WI

"turq66" said:
Hey Craig, you still want that power seat track?
oh yes, I forgot about those! I'm coming into town Saturday...
"mustangstofear" said:
Darn, I'll be at the Carlisle show during that time.
I heard they are having a 50th celebration

Bravenrace and myself plan to attend the event at Summit Raceway in Norwalk Ohio... any other Stangfix members planning too attend?

Larry G & his wife and Colman (Jerry) and his wife will be doing the Long Haul. Larry and I usually travel together (but I have to stop for gas more often!).

"dm289" said:
Bravenrace and myself plan to attend the event at Summit Raceway in Norwalk Ohio... any other Stangfix members planning too attend?

I plan on being there also. I see on Summits website that they will open the gates at noon. I would like to meet as many fixers as I can. I hope we can park our stangs in with the other classics and not in the spectator lot. Maybe Craig can give us a heads up on what route they will be coming and about when they will be arriving at the park.

The driving directions are out. Not sure how to link them using my phone. I can try when i get home.
We (me anyway), usually roll in kinda later in the day. We enjoy the drive so we don't get in a big hurry to get to the venue. Cars will start rolling in and venders will too, pretty early so if you get there, you will have plenty to see and do.

We should PM each other our cell phone #'s. then we can text or call when we are at the venue

"Larry G" said:
Craig I'm older and need to stop more, so Thanks.

That will work out okay then!!!
I cant wait. Its almost time!

Back