• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Getting together at the MCA show?

aslan

Derreld and I are going to try to get together. (most likely on Sunday) Anyone else??
Let me know and I'll PM you my cell phone number.
Stan

Call me stupid cause I almost missed the show. For some odd reason I didn't think it was this weekend but next. I better get out to the garage and do all the things that I planned to do this weekend. :craz

Great to meet some of you up there. I had a blast. I drove the car about 400 miles today without a problem. WHEW!!! I was almost expecting to have to call a tow truck when I was 200 miles from home. :pbj Here are a few pics I snapped. There were some amazing cars there but I forgot to take pictures of a lot of them. :cry

I'll start with a couple pics of my own. :)
DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

Yes a real Boss bored and stroked to 525 ci in a new Mustang!
DSC00300.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa!

DSC00301.jpg

Your car looks great, did you lower it more since your sig picture. Isnt that turbo 4 cyl car a member on VMF? Looks familiar, cool car.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Boss sounds wicked. He is from Oregon and I saw the car at a show down here about a month ago. Not the sound you would expect coming from a new car. I haven't lowered my car since the sig picture. I suppose I may have settled a bit but I wouldn't think so. Maybe the effects of shadows?

The green coupe is owned by Angligasser (Brian) over on VMF and Mustang Forums. It is a well designed and built car. He ended up winning the 64 1/2 - 66 Modified class. That says a lot since coupe owners rarely get the love.

One last thing is that Stan's (aslan) car is better in person than the pictures online. He has a stunning car.

VMF member MrFreeze (Chris) won his 65-66 fastback stock/non-modified class. Congrats you guys. Considering there were supposed to be 1500-1800 cars there those are some great accomplishments.

Nice job Laurie! Your car is beautiful by the way. It looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. I was hoping to see your fastback but couldn't find it. I assume you did not bring it for the show.

Since I have no experience with restorations to factory original, what is the Conservator award for? Restoration, acheivement in the industry ........?

Copied from an old post of Laurie's on VMF...

"The "Conservator Award" specifically was designed for the concours cars for how they represent the historical originality of the car."

Yes, and to enter the Conservator class, you must either have earned the blue grille medallion or have a concours car that retired under the old Retirement program. Once you go Conservator, your car must maintain the same level of quality at each show. After ten shows, you earn a large loving cup trophy. My goal is to finish up the trophy hunt next year at the shows in Dallas and Des Moines, and then begin entering Trouble at 2012 National shows to see how it goes.

It was good to meet you Darreld! And yours too, is much better in person. I ended up getting a 1st in modified! In fact, all 6 of us from the Bay Area Mustang Association either got a Gold or 1st in our divisions! We were all very excited.

Back