• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Goodbye Dad

He lived a long life and instilled good values in me. Examples included if you work hard at your job, good things will come to you. More importantly is the relationships you build with people. Building relationships is priceless. Thanks, Dad

One golden time we spent together was to run PVC pipe in the garage for compressed air. I was like a kid in a candy store working on that with my Dad. I think we put in 6 quick disconnect sockets.

Dad, you learned me.

Steve as I always say...now is the time to celebrate his life. We are sorry for your loss but as you say he lead a good strong life.

Here's to Chalmers!.....Ok Steve...what was his every day name?....

Steve as I always say...now is the time to celebrate his life. We are sorry for your loss but as you say he lead a good strong life.

Here's to Chalmers!.....Ok Steve...what was his every day name?....
I am working on my speech. I contacted my Godfather n could not believe he passed. My Dad's youngest brother will travel from South Dakota to be present for the celebration of his life.
I also am working on the invite list

Chalmer “Les” Leslie died peacefully in Camarillo, California on October 21,2017 at the age of 83.
page1image26968

Chalmer is survived by former spouse Lois Leslie of Ventura, Ca., (Sister) Sharon Shulte of Sioux Falls, SD, (Brother) Dale Leslie of Sioux Falls, SD, (Brother) Donny Leslie of Sioux Falls SD, Sons Steve Leslie of Camarillo, Ca., Jon Leslie of Ventura, Ca., Matthew Leslie of Ventura, Ca., daughter Michelle Morales of Ventura, Ca., Grand children Kristopher Leslie, Brianna Morales, Amber Morales and David Morales.

He is preceded in death by his parents Claude and Sedell Leslie of Centerville, South Dakota, (Sister) Priscilla Struck of Sioux Falls, SD, (Brother) Paul Leslie of Sioux Falls, SD, and his son Doug Leslie of Ventura, Ca..

Chalmer was born on November 2, 1933 in Centerville South Dakota to Claude and Sedell Leslie. He attended and graduated from the Centerville High School in South Dakota and in 1953 he enlisted into the U.S. Navy. He served in the U.S. Navy for four years. In 1957 he was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy and went on to South Dakota State University where graduated with his Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. After graduation he began working as a Civil Engineer at the Long Beach Naval Shipyard. In 1961 he married Lois Carlson of Centerville, South Dakota and had five children, Steve, Doug, Jon, Matthew and Michelle. In 1965, Chalmer and Lois moved to Ventura County where he began working at the Port Hueneme Naval Base. After several decades, Chalmer retired from the Naval Base and worked part time on the naval base for a few years.

Chalmer enjoyed fine woodworking and was always eager to tackle fun woodworking projects for his grandchildren. He loved and enjoyed his grandchildren who always made him smile and laugh. Chalmer enjoyed cooking, fishing, grunnion hunting, duck hunting and gardening. He enjoyed good food, fine wines and an occassional fine whisky. We love him and will miss him but we have the lasting memories and stories to pass onto our families and friends. We will see you again in the heavenlies as we all must walk to our end one day.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 reads, “For our momentary, light distress is producing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure. So we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things that are unseen; for the things which are visible are temporal, but the things which are invisible are the everlasting and imperishable,”

A celebration of Chalmer’s life is schedule for November 4, 2017 at 11:00 with a reception to follow at Trinity Lutheran Church, 196 N. Ashwood Avenue, Ventura, Ca. 93003.
Dave Bavero will officiate the memorial ceremony. Family and friends are welcome to attend and celebrate with us the life of Chalmer “Les” Leslie. Condolences can be sent to:

The family would like to thank friends and family who were able to help during this difficult time. Also we would like to thank Edna’s Residential Care, her staff along with the Assisted Hospice staff for their compassionate care of Chalmer Leslie.
I am working on inviting friends who I grew up with and also inviting people were involved in my Boy Scout Troop. My Dad was Comittee Chair for several years.

My sister Michelle has been a Superhero

Last edited:
I met with someone who was part of the Boy Scout Committee and his son. They both are coming to his life celebration and told me they would not miss it. Humbling

image.jpg Had a great service this morning. My Brother In Law gave an awesome Eulogy- I got to say a few words. A woman who's husband worked with Dad came - I had not seen her in over 40 years, but growing up, we were at their house almost every weekend.

Two sailors from the US Navy presented a US Flag to my sister.

Thanks for everything, Dad

Back