• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got Torque!?!

tarafied1

'bout lost a wheel! Broke a stud and bent/stretched the crap outta the others. Screwed up the brake rotor (cracked it). I think the wheel is okay, I hope. NAPA had the studs, had to order the rotor. First time I ever got enough traction to not smoke 'em!
72_15_05_09_7_32_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
got it back together, here is the cracked rotor...
72_16_05_09_8_12_46_0.jpg

new studs
72_16_05_09_8_12_46_1.jpg

new rotor (painted it so it wouldn't get ugly rusty
72_16_05_09_8_43_36.jpg

after I got it back together, I took it for a cruise down to Clarksville Tennessee. Passed this cool old barn on the way...
72_16_05_09_8_20_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
Cool picture! Did you lower the rear, it looks lower than the other picture of your car.
no, it just has all my kids in the back, wife sittin' in there and junk in the trunk (lawn chairs, toolbox, etc.)... that's why I haven't lowered it. When I load it up it squats down perfect.

What brand of stud was that, that you twisted?

I installed new ARP studs all around and they are friggin' LONG! Your new ones don't look too terribly long.

And killer picture by with the barn! Looks great

"70_Fastback" said:
What brand of stud was that, that you twisted?

I installed new ARP studs all around and they are friggin' LONG! Your new ones don't look too terribly long.

And killer picture by with the barn! Looks great

They were the original 1977 Lincoln Versailes studs that were in the rear end when I got it. I just replaced them with stock stuff from NAPA. I guess I should have went with ARP.
Thanks for the compliment on the pic too.

Back