• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Group Buy 15" Moto-Lita Steering Wheel

I like that wheel. I would need one with black grip for the 67. Amber doesn't like wood. I might get one later for the 65, I like the wood style.

Mel

it looks that you have well over 6 now. I would suppose that more is better. Again I would like to order one for my 66. I was going to get a woodgrain Grant with the adpater. At the moment, i have the original 1966 wheel. Will i still need to get an adapter for your Mona Lite?
Thank you
pb

Y'all - I just placed a order for the Mona Lite adaptor with the proper two wire horn button. If my wheel fit is - then I think we are good to go. I'll report back early next week when it arrives. Then we can figure out how to get this group buy going once we have a the facts. Please keep posting up if you are interested so I can get a good count of how many wheels I need to order. -Mark

Yall - I've received the Lecarra hubs today, and they work with the replica wheel!

One thing that makes this wheel different is the trim ring, the original moto-Lita has recessed screw holes, this one does not. Iam guessing that is why they included this trim ring. Using the trim ring also makes the horn button flush. Depending on the look you want, you could use different screws. Here are some pictures:

Wheel on hub, with trim ring:
wheel_wideshot.jpg

Closeup on hub - no ring
wheel_on_hub_1000.jpg

How the horn fits on before trim ring:
button_overlap_1000.jpg

horn_noring_1000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks - the group buy is on! :pbj In order for me to keep track of orders, I tossed up a web page on my web site cruisercrap.com. (yes Iam into Toyota Land Cruisers)

If anyone is wondering - who the hell Iam - just search my same user name mmw68, on www.ih8mud.com. I've been a member of that forum and a vendor for the last seven years.

Just go here and order your wheel, and I'll start to get them shipped out ASAP.

http://www.cruisercrap.com/mustang/steeringwheel/

So are we looking $145 for wheel and trim ring and $185 for wheel and hub or are we on our own for the hub?

$145 - for just the wheel. The hub Iam able to get just won't work for the 64-66 cars, and the horn button won't work, so I really don't think it's worth it.

So, yes - everyone is on there own for the hubs. Does this blow the deal for everyone?

"mmw68" said:
$145 - for just the wheel. The hub Iam able to get just won't work for the 64-66 cars, and the horn button won't work, so I really don't think it's worth it.

So, yes - everyone is on there own for the hubs. Does this blow the deal for everyone?

Are you going to get rid of the demo 65-66 hub? Package deal hub, horn button, and wheel? Thanks.

"mmw68" said:
No, my brother is going to use it on his mustang. sorry. -Mark

No sweat, I'm still going to buy the wheel.

BTW, I was googling Moto-lita wheels and the originals do have that trim ring. Rick and Laurie from this site both have original Moto-lita wheels and they have the trim ring. So, your wheel looks to be an exact replica!

That's good to know - thanks for posting that up.

I went ahead and fronted the funds for 6 wheel, so Iam really hoping 6 of you buy wheels! I've done group buys before - it never a fun thing to organize. Worst thing is I'll have to buy 5 more mustangs to go with the wheels! :sarc

I also read up on a issue with the turn signal rod. Some people just take it off and bend it a little. I think one of the vendors sell a "Short" turn signal rod for a few bucks.
Because these wheel are not as "dished" as the OEM - the gab between the wheel's edge and turn signal is narrow. I'am going to mount my wheel up on Thursday, I'll take some pictures of the turn-signal.

THANKS! - It means a lot to me that people actually follow thru with group buys, Your the first one, I'll get it out to you on Thursday, please post up to the group what you think.

-Mark

"monkeystash" said:
I just pulled the trigger, you should have a Paypal!

Ryan,

The hub that Iam able to get will work, but you won't be able to use a horn due to the style of electrical contacts on the back of the hub. This is why Iam suggesting folks get a Lecarra hub instead with the correct horn connections. If you don't want a horn, my hub will work. -Mark

"rsalway" said:
So the hub won't work on a 67?

Back