• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Group Buy 15" Moto-Lita Steering Wheel

Mark, I'm still in Morocco (yes, the country) and will be back in the US tomorrow. Glad I caught this when I did. I wanted one of these wheels to begin with but wasn't willing to pay the price. I'm in. I'll paypal you tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how drunk I am tomorrow after I get home.

Sam,
No worries, I've got one set asaide for you, Enjoying Morocco is much more fun then buy a steering wheel!

Thanks to all who have paid for there wheels. All wheels have shipped, and should be at your door on June 8th!

Still a few wheels left for folks to get in on the buy.... - Mark

More R&D tonight, I decided to tear into the horn button and do some research on what emblem folks are using on the Lecarra horn.

The Lecarra emblem comes off quiet easy with a knife.

lecarra_button1.jpg
lecarra_button2.jpg
lecarra_button3.jpg

Searching around on the net, it seems folks over at the Eleanor forum are using wheel emblems. Anything over 1.5 inches would work great, and 1 7/8 is perfect. That is the size of the Shelby wheel cap inserts.

The Shelby wheel cap inserts that cobranda sells should work.
http://store.cobranda.com/10cecapem.html

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a very "flat" wheel. Would they have a model for 69-70 models with tilt wheel? If so, any pics with it installed?

Good Morning Mike,

Sorry, I can only get this one wheel. -Mark

"miketyler" said:
That is a very "flat" wheel. Would they have a model for 69-70 models with tilt wheel? If so, any pics with it installed?

No Reason it should not work, as long as you purchase the correct hub.

The 1967-76 Ford Mustang use the Lecarra BA-22400 Hub Adapters, and my wheel fits this hub. Iam using this set up on my own 1967 Mustang.

Mark,
Payment from Sam in VA Beach just sent.

Thanks for setting this up, that's one heck of a deal.

Thanks,
Sam

I've got everyone covered! These will go out on Monday. :thu

@mustang656man - you wanted the original 1 wire hub and horn for yours. It will only fit the 1967-76, just wanted to double check! -Mark

Am still interested here on 70 Mach 1 tilt fitment. These don't include the hub adapter for mounting to Mustang column? What does that part generally cost?

"TB350" said:
Here is a link to the one that Garner did, I think it turned out great! :steer
http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/inde ... 230.0.html

Yep, I really wanted a black stained wood wheel, but I couldn't find one. I even called LeCarra and Moto-Lita directly to see if they would do a special one-off version in black, but they both just blew me off.

It takes a lot of effort to sand off the clear coat and stain down to the raw wood, but the hardest part of the whole process was putting the first scratch on the beautifully finished wheel for the first time, especially considering how much I paid for my Moto-Lita wheel! When it was all done, I'm very happy that I stained the wheel black to match my all black theme.

For those of you who want a black wood wheel Grant now has a good looking black finished wood wheel (Grant didn't have this option available when I refinished my wheel). Check it this link: Grant Collector's Edition Steering Wheel. It's not as nice as the Moto-Lita, but it's pretty darn good for only $155...
GRT-1178.jpg

My wheel showed up today, ahead of schedule! I'm very happy with it. For some reason I was expecting it to be heavy, but it is very light. The wood is real pretty and there is a ton of clear over it. :thu

IMG_0176.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine showed up today. It is nicer than I expected. If I decide to get the hub and horn button that you had to start with, is it too late?

Back