• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Group Buy 15" Moto-Lita Steering Wheel

Iam glad the wheels are arriving safely!

I had a chance to finally finish up my wheel install . A word of wisdom:

Make damn sure your hub is straight, and test drive the car down the street before mounting all 9 screws. Also make sure the hub is mounted so the top screw is at 12 O'clock.

With the slop in my steering, once I had the wheel on and went for a test drive, the wheel was crooked! I had to take the whole thing back of and re mount it! :rant

dash_shot1.jpg

dash_shot2.jpg

wheel_cobra_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered my wheel yesterday. I called Summit on the 65/66 hub and they are out, they were going to have Lecarra drop ship one to me but they were 2 weeks out on them also so I called Jegs and they do have them in stock. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up, I got mine from Jegs as well.

Just a FYI - Stangfix has cleaned out my vendor on wheels! He had to restock, and will have more in on Monday. He called me yesterday and asked me "How many cars are you restoring?"

GUYS - THERE ARE ONLY TWO WHEELS LEFT!!! Then it will be another 45 days until the next batch is in.

If your interested in a wheel - first come first serve on these last two.

All other orders have been received and shipped as of 5pm today CST

Good job on the wheels for sure. Summit was out of stock on the 67-68 hubs as well. Not a big deal for me, I have plenty of time before I really need a wheel in the convertible.

I'm still interested as I see there is a hub for the 65/66's .

Anyone have a pics of the wheel on a 65/66 ?

Are the wheels back in stock ?

Mike

hi there,
i received mine no probs, i just fitted it the other day on the 66 i bought from AZPete (15'' works better with manual stirring than 14'') and it looks really really really good. So thank you
p.

"pjbbx" said:
hi there,
i received mine no probs, i just fitted it the other day on the 66 i bought from AZPete (15'' works better with manual stirring than 14'') and it looks really really really good. So thank you
p.

Have you removed the super hijacker air shocks in the rear yet?

:part

that car seats just fine. In fact, it's one thing that catches the eye when people see it first, the car seats very well... And i am not sure that i will be able to do the same to the other 66 that I am doing up at the moment... It is now painted (Highland green) and is waiting for new seat covers... I am already looking at wheels...

Guys,
It's not too late, I should have a new shipment any day now. I'll pm people, and post up here with details.

-Mark

Back