• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Grr!! 2nd guessing my paint color

Kats66Pny

I'm pretty set on my color, a pearly gun metal gray... but then I saw this and well... I really like it. I think it'd look bad ass on Gertrude with her new nose and hood. Definitely something no one around here has, but on a coupe? :confu

MST_01_RK0954_01_P.JPG

Pictures of it on a real fastback - http://www.amcarguide.com/custom/rosie-1966-mustang/

The day you paint the final color decision is the same day you will see the one color that you absolutely have to have on your car. Then, two days later, you will see another color that would be perfect.......and on and on and on.......

I did go through alot off colors before I made a decision.
Take your time for.
A two tone color is always very beautiful IMO.
Dark grey bottom , black on top and a red fine accent line . Nice.
But there are much more fine combinations.
You have only to choose !!!

My dash is already painted the gun metal color I want on the car. If I change my colors too much, I'll have to redo the dash. I might do it anyway. I plan on getting Gert media blasted within the next week or two so could have them clean off the dash as well and just go black on it but I want color on it since I'm going to have a black dash pad.

I really like the black & silver w/blue accents color scheme and don't want to deviate too much from it. My original plan was gun metal silver with black stripes but I don't want to look like I'm trying to turn my coupe into a Eleanor. I still want it to be somewhat original. If that makes sense.

"Kats66Pny" said:
I still want it to be somewhat original individual. If that makes sense.

Fixed it for you.

And the individual look is what will make Gert stand out. Go for it.

just be careful with "trends" like two tone on a Mustang. In a few years it could look dated. Like the pastel colors of the 80's and early 90's.

Just my two cents worth, but Kat I think that would look badass on Gertrude (especially with the new nose). I think it would also aid in taking away from some of the Eleanor look, or at least tone it down! :thu

Re: Re: Grr!! 2nd guessing my paint color

"Kats66Pny" said:
I plan on getting Gert media blasted within the next week or two so could have them clean off the dash as well and just go black on it but I want color on it since I'm going to have a black dash pad.
Media blasting is a messy ordeal. Something you should've done before assembly. If you want to do the dash, I'd highly recommended removing all the wiring and parts you've just installed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Kat - man I understand your dilemma. For the last 2 years I have known absolutely, positively, without a doubt exactly how I was going to paint my car. Now that I am within a couple months of laying down the color, I am second guessing my choices.

There are so many color combinations I like that deciding on one is difficult. I'd also like something original but nothing too crazy that it'll date the car or make me tired of it in a few years.

"Kats66Pny" said:
OOOoooo :confu
That's the kind of look that will be old and out of style in a few years time. For me, those over-size wheels were never in style. :puk

Those wheels are not to my liking. Too big.... first and last time you'll hear me say that. But I do like the two-tone gray/black.

"dodgestang" said:
Why anyone would ever paint a mustang a color other than Red I'll never understand. :sarc

I'm thinkin hot pink so I can sell mary kay out of it to pay for parts.

Your paint scheme should be "era" correct or closeby IMO.
For me , I choosed a burgandy but in metallic paint with wimbledom white racing stripes.
This way your car will be apreciated by more people then when you go the more modern look/paint scheme.
Just my 2 eurocent opinion.

"B67FSTB" said:
Your paint scheme should be "era" correct or closeby IMO.
For me , I choosed a burgandy but in metallic paint with wimbledom white racing stripes.
This way your car will be apreciated by more people then when you go the more modern look/paint scheme.
Just my 2 eurocent opinion.

anybody know what the exchange rate is on those eurocents now?? lol!

i've never painted anything the same color that i had originally decided on. i usually decide a day or so before i go to the paint store...

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
anybody know what the exchange rate is on those eurocents now?? lol!

i've never painted anything the same color that i had originally decided on. i usually decide a day or so before i go to the paint store...
ahhh, but the key being you can paint!!!

Back