• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hanging up the boots

this weekend has been bittersweet.

Friday I met with the band lead and a co-worker who provide the musical talent for my retirement party on September 22 (my 55th b-day). It will be held at the Automotive Driving Museum in El Segundo.

https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/

They have over 100 cars on hand.

My cousin n his wife who live in DC are coming and will bring my Mom. 4 friends who I grew up with are also coming. Total head count is just over 100

RETIREMENT AT 55 . YOU LUCKY BAST.... !!
I'LL BE 61 WHEN THAT HAPPENS.
ENJOY YOUR PARTY.!!!

Here in the States you have to be 67 (born 1960 +) these days to get full "government" retirement benefits. That number will likely bump up again before too long. We work 'til we drop now.

I won't get Social Security until 67. However I get to pull my pension at 55. I will take a 5 year period certain payout.

I am a blessed man

Here in the States you have to be 67 (born 1960 +) these days to get full "government" retirement benefits. That number will likely bump up again before too long. We work 'til we drop now.

Ahem....unless you are part of a select group of folks that keep the freight on the rails!

I can "retire" from my company when my points equal 75, that is years of service and age combined. I am at that point but they prorate my pension for every year I am below 67 as well as I don't get the SS until then anyway. So I could retire now but I can't afford to. I'd have to still work somewhere!
But hey, congratulations! I'm glad some of you guys can retire while you can still enjoy it!

I forgot to congratulate Steve before starting my derail about retirement. Sorry about that, Steve!

I forgot to congratulate Steve before starting my derail about retirement. Sorry about that, Steve!

I would prefer if you chose a different word......

and yes, Congrats Steve! While I do not wish my life to pass any faster than it has, I certainly look forward to the day I too can call it quits.

I retired the first time at 42. Now I work to buy toys.

Probably quit again at 62.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

and yes, Congrats Steve! While I do not wish my life to pass any faster than it has, I certainly look forward to the day I too can call it quits.

I'd bet you're the type that'll "Bat the stack off of her"?

I can "retire" from my company when my points equal 75, that is years of service and age combined. I am at that point but they prorate my pension for every year I am below 67 as well as I don't get the SS until then anyway. So I could retire now but I can't afford to. I'd have to still work somewhere!
But hey, congratulations! I'm glad some of you guys can retire while you can still enjoy it!
My retirement is similar. We call it 'Magic 75' still have to be 55 years old (physically - mentally I am still 12)

I worked for Siemens for a short time. Coworker retired during the short time that I was there. He was Australian, fun to hear him talk and work with. Him and his wife moved out in the middle of nowhere, more or less off the grid. But the thing that keeps sticking with me is that he did not say retired, he would say retarded. o_O I see the words retired and hear them said, but the little voice in my head says the other word. :D

fd

Back