• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Height of 2100 2V

Mach1 Driver

Does anyone know the height from the manifold to the air cleaner mounting surface for an Autolite 2100 2V?
Thanks!

69RavenConv gave me the info I needed- the carb is 3-1/4" high from the base to the air cleaner mounting surface.

I'm one of a group interested in the FiTech EFI, and will need to change to a 4 barrel manifold. I want to go with an Edelbrock top end kit with new heads, cam and intake. They recommend their 7581 Performer RPM Air Gap manifold for my 351w, which is 1-3/4" higher than a stock manifold. They claim it will fit under the hood. So I made a plywood sandwich and put it on top of the air cleaner, and I had 0.124" of clearance at the 9:00 position (viewed from front looking at the air cleaner) and with the 2V carb. The Fitech is also 3-1/4 high so this combination may just work with a stock air cleaner- I'm kinda fond of the big blue bucket and would like the stock look.

An interesting note that most of you probably already knew- the hood scoop on a Mach is not sheet metal- it's a cast piece. I had to remove it to close the hood because some of the bolts holding it stuck down 1/2" and interfered. Not to worry removing two of the nine bolts should remedy that.

Can anyone recommend another air cleaner if this combination doesn't work?

Back