• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello From Cali ( Bay Area )

chris canion

Hey whats up My names Chris,

Found this forum alittle bit ago when researching ways to restore my reverse lights. for my 1970 mustang Coupe M-Code. Ive owned nothing but fords nd at some point have modded each one so far my my 1970 is going to be a complete resto mod some day..or my coffin!

Cars Owned

2000 Ford f150, V6 4.2l - Mac Shorties Custom exhaust 2.5 SS, Mac Cold Air intake, P&P Half shafted TB, Underdrive Pullies

1996 Gt Mustang Convertible 4.6 sohc - Trick flow TB/Plenum/CAI, MSD Wires and Coil, Full Cobra Brakes w/SS lines, MMEadj Lowers, Hotchkis Uppers, Cobra front arms. Balanced Ford racing drive shaft

-2nd motor 97cobra motor JLT CAI, FR alum fly wheel, MSD coils and Wires, IRMC REmoved (epoxy Mod)

1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code -351c Replace with 351w trans is orginal FMX and rear is orginal 9in 3.00 open (.30 over, 357w) Edelbrock WP, Performer intake, Fuel Pump, MSD Coil wires Ready Run Dizzy, Holley 670 cfm Street Avenger, Long Tubes headers to custom 2.5 dual exhaust. Grab-a-track suspension.

Last edited:
Welcome, might want to specify what transmission it came with and what it now has, some of the wiser members may be able to help you with your issue.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Never messed with the FMX reverse switch, but the AOD is internal to the transmission. You will either have to take the one that's original to the car and use the end that goes on the AOD then splice together. Or buy a premade one from a vendor.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Could be as simple as a blown fuse. That fuse controls the stock radio power, backup lamps, and a portion of the wiper blade system. Check the top left fuse.

well i know i have a hacked up harness by the radio cause when i did drive the car it would be thrown sparks some time when id drive or take off.....i have a Painless kit made for my 70 thats been sitting in the passengers seat for 5 years now...only thing that keeps me from installing is having to remove it when it need paint and body work which it does need

Chris welcome to the forum. All I can say is 'fire!'....

Back