• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

High Back Seats for a Harness

Dyno68FB

I am in the market for some high back seeats for my 68 fastback that I can use a harness with. This is a street car that I may take on the track every now and then. Curious what seats you guys went with and if you are having seacond thoughts, fitment issues etc. It seems like Corbeau is the front runner but do not like their bright white logo and it takes 12 weeks to get one without. I should have planned ahead better. Pictures are always good.

Consider lowering them before shopping for seats, i have '68 seats with TMI sport foam and wish i had lowered mine. I initially purchased a set of BMW seats and them redid a set of Fiero seats. Any late model seat or aftermarket seat will sit pretty tall in there

Have you looked at the TRS seats from Corbeau? I am wondering how the dimentions of these seats compair to yours? Also they have an option to share an inch from the base of the seat. Would that eliminate the need to lower my seat pan?

http://corbeau.com/trs.html

The lowest sitting seats i've seen are the procar rallye seats, but to me, they felt like climbing out of a corvette...

I am in the market for some high back seeats for my 68 fastback that I can use a harness with. This is a street car that I may take on the track every now and then. Curious what seats you guys went with and if you are having seacond thoughts, fitment issues etc. It seems like Corbeau is the front runner but do not like their bright white logo and it takes 12 weeks to get one without. I should have planned ahead better. Pictures are always good.

Because I feel compelled to say it...

If you are going to use a "harness", you should have at a minimum of a 4 pt roll bar. Reason behind this is, if you are firmly belted to a seat with a 4-7 pt harness without a roll bar and roll over to the shiny side, your head will be crushed down into your upper body. Not having a roll bar requires you to use a std 2 - 3 pt belt. That will allow your upper body to fold over if you get upside down.

This is only a suggestion, take it or leave it...I just felt I needed to say it :)

I also prefer a fixed seat that does not recline and has little padding for track use. You want to feel the car through your butt. Extra padding takes that feel away.

I know this is an old thread, but still might be of interest. I bought a 68 coupe a couple months ago and it came with ProCar seats. The seats are comfortable to me. I'm sure they sit a bit higher than stock (don't have a stock car to compare with) but I like them. I use the lap belts but not the shoulder harness.

DSC_1933.jpg

I know what I'd LOVE to try in this car, the seats from my old NSX. Those things hugged me like a good glove and that was a very low car so the seats were low also.

Back