• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hmmmm

4 AM Christmas morning and I can sleep, once I surfed all the new, unread post on here I switched to another board I occasionally peruse and saw these pictures. I'm pretty sure I dont like them, curious what others thought.

101_4637.jpg

101_4638.jpg

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?71401-TCI-Engineering-s-67-Mustang-F-B

Last edited by a moderator:
"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Definitely with you on that one. :puk

A big ugly swatch of modern on a classic car.

Frank

Wouldn't even do that on my modern car........

Two things, first if I was adding a window there I certainly wouldn't divide it, virtually eliminates any visibility gains and looks awful, second is the fasteners. Holy fasteners, Batman, you don't even use that many rivets on an aircraft for a panel that size.

..and they aren't aircraft rivets. If they were, and they used this look elsewhere on the car, I could maybe see it working. As it stands, it looks like the window for an armored car, surrounded by thin-skin body panels. I'm curious to see how they tie in the theme on the rest of the car.

At least it's not a silver and black fiberglass mod from a popular bruckheimer movie.

21382d1263533612-obsidian_couper_mustang_2.jpg

If I was going for windows then this would be it.
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he spent a lot and effort making what suits his taste, and that is the way it should be. Got to give him credit for that. Rich.

Kinda hard to judge without knowing the full look he is going for with the car. Given the apparent quality of the work so far I wouldn't be too quick to call it.

I sure hope they're going for some type of P-51 theme. I am impressed with all the attention to detail but don't see that car as a mustang anymore, I'll bet <50% of the car is there anymore. Can't wait to see the windshield surround and center strip of alum. and a matching one for the rear window, maybe a B-17 turret on top?

I still don't get what 'pro-touring' is, from other pics on the forum it appears that all you need is rubberband tires to qualify?
Jon

Back