• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Holiday gift exchange program 2010

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Well it’s that time once again for a little love and sharing. :3sum :hug2

This year’s White Elephant Christmas gift exchange program is now underway. In case some of you have never participated in one you are in store for a treat.

Gifts are typically inexpensive, humorous items or used items from home and sometimes, they are just plain trash or junk you simply don’t want and can’t think of a better way to unload it. The term white elephant refers to a gift whose maintenance cost exceeds its usefulness. Here is a link to a definition of the White Elephant origin.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/410050.html

Each gift should be no more than $20 in value. In most cases the gift is a gag gift which you might have received last year and have been dying to get rid of it to some poor sole. Many send used Mustang parts, toys, etc.

1. Send me a Private Message or email with your real name, full address and phone number by November 25th. Upon receipt of your PM, I will either reply back with a confirmation of receipt or if you see your name on the list, you're good to go. I will create a list of those participating at the top of this post so everyone can see who’s playing and more importantly who isn’t. If you don’t see your favorite StangFix buddy on the list, you can then bug them to join the fun. Your StangFix name will be written on a ticket and tossed into a hat or retired oil pan.

2. On Turkey day, my daughter (who doesn’t know about this yet) will randomly pull out names. I will then PM you with the contact information of the person you are to send a gift to. Just to clarify, your recepient will not be giving a gift back to you. You'll will never know who is sending you one. Don’t ask unless you have deep pockets. :lol

Most importantly: Please do not sign up if you do not plan to send a gift. Everyone receives and ships a gift.

This program is for all StangFixers including those living abroad. If you receive a recipient from another country, consider freight costs vs package weight as well as shipping time. Let’s have some fun. If you have any questions please ask away. Keep in mind that if you ship really early, then your recipient will know who they’re getting a gift from. Sometimes it’s fun to wait til the last minute just to make them sweat. Just DON'T be too late.

Enjoy, Craig

==================================================================

This year's participants. So far, except for the 2nd one on the list, we have some quality people here:

*blue65coupe
*cmayna
*70 StangMan
*silverblueBP
*janschutz
*DEL65
*RustyRed
*guruatbol
*Midlife
*Opentracker
*RapidRabbit
*opentrackerSteve
*crustycurmudgeon
*Fast68back
*KBMWRS
*apollard
*monkeystash
*jims6t6
*ko67
*67 Fastback
*sceed
*FordDude
*Sluggo
*beach pony
*stangg
*Flysure1
*SAC69
*ZFORCE
*tarafied1
*Sacbill
*Havok1
*David67
*Kats66Pny :naug
*gotstang
*JeffTepper
*gtscode
*70_Fastback
*garner67
*abrahamfh ................................. 40 participants so far. 34 last year
*Teebone
*daveSanborn -OMG!
*blu67.......Chris the artist!!!
*sgtjunior
*Bite Me, My Toys, Giants Fan, BOSS 302 Man, whatever his name is........
*kooter

"silverblueBP" said:
Sure hope someone needs a POS cam.

Depending on who I am sending a gift to....I was thinking more like a PT Cruiser model car...or I have an old out of round rim from the PT Cruiser. Maybe a stuffed owl? :lol

"silverblueBP" said:
Sure hope someone needs a POS cam.

I got a cam, intake, pistons and leftovers from a carb rebuild that has your name written ALL OVER IT!!! I'll spend $200 on shipping just to store some of this crap in Kansas.

Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough broken crap of my own.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Someone's in for a treat!

I sent all the good stuff to Craig II for the drag car....I can now get rid of the rest of the stuff....Maybe some bus parts????? I have got some of those hanging around.....

Well, you just never know. I have in the past had some awesome stuff and have sent some equally awesome stuff.

It is so much fun, I can hardly wait.

Now the question of who will wait to open their gifts until Christmas day and who will have it open and unwrapped before the UPS guy can set it down.

Mel

Whoever has kat's address, please PM me with it and I'll put her name on the list. Butt, keep in mind only those who has the deepest pocket will get her name pulled.

And most importantly, don't tell her about this................ :)

"cmayna" said:
Whoever has kat's address, please PM me with it and I'll put her name on the list. Butt, keep in mind only those who has the deepest pocket will get her name pulled.

And most importantly, don't tell her about this................ :)

Just offer her something for nothing and the address will be to you in a second................... :ep

And most importantly, don't tell her about this................

Just offer her something for nothing and the address will be to you in a second...................

:bird you both.

"KBMWRS" said:
Can one send a LIVE owl? :craz :vic

"RustyRed" said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Might want to include a battery tie down kit with it....

Just in case you boys don't get it, ask Kevin what happens to people who try their hand at comedy. Keep it up and you'll be buttraping each other in the attorney's office.

I see no comedy here....looks like someone may get some serious Christmas gifts,,,,,,,,

Back