• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Home is the sailor home from the sea......

RagTop

Old Grumpy
I was in Reno from Thursday to Monday for Hot August Nights. It was the first time I've been there since 2001. Wow, has that event changed!

On the plus side, I got to spend some time with Mike (KBMWRS), Jon (Del65) and Bill (SacBill) in the event car area of the Grand Sierra Resort. Haven't seen those guys in many moons. And I was able to buy my son some hi cap magazines for his Glock 17.

On the negative side, they have expanded the registration from around 5K cars to what someone said was over 7,800 cars. It was like being in a week long traffic jam. The "volunteers" were in a generally nasty mood (except at the end of the final parade) and, since they haven't expanded the venues from the five hotels (Atlantis, Pepper Mill, Silver Legacy, Nugget and Grand Sierra Resort) the lots and the streets were packed. The cruises were limited to 7pm to 10pm nightly, but so were the name acts on the stages at the hotels. If you went out cruising you might not be able to get back into the event car parking at your hotel. I would rate the present rendition of the MGM Grand cum Grand Sierra Resort as a solid "meh", but the buffet was great.

Anyway, I got to spend a whole lot of time running around with my new electric cutouts open. You can really hear the cam when they're unplugged.;) And the weather was downright beautiful. No rain and no triple digit heat. It was good to see some old Mustang friends up there.:)

Great to see you again, Ken!

And the Electric Cutouts were my favorite neo-psychedelic band....

Back