• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Horseplay: 1965 Fastback Restomod

I would install brake lines , accelerator pedal , electrical wiring prior engine .

BTW , very nice car.

Keep Mark away from the engine.:p

I would install brake lines , accelerator pedal , electrical wiring prior engine .

BTW , very nice car.

Keep Mark away from the engine.:p
Much of what you mentioned has already been prepared and mocked up already. No issues putting in with the engine in place. I am hiding and re-routing EVERYTHING to keep out of sight so nothing other than the MC is being situated in the stock position anyway.

Try as I might to prevent it, he did get pretty close to the engine. All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed. :eek:

Well, after driving 1,600 miles (round trip) and then 640 miles (round trip)...I'm finally back home. It's been a long, long week!

This time last week I drove to Ohio to take PJ to canine college. Got home late Sat night and then drove to Chicago Monday morn to give Terry a swift kick...errrr, helping hand. Got a lot done, laughed a ton and even got to see a lot of the Chitown area.

We installed all of the front suspension, rear suspension then dropped it to the ground and installed the engine and tranny. Did all this in 2 days while drinking beer and chasing wome.....uhhh...parts.

It's obvious he had not touched the car in some time!

IMG_4938Large.jpg

Nice and clean new parts.

IMG_4942Large.jpg

IMG_4943Large.jpg

These wheels are much better looking than in pics! Great choice!!

IMG_4944Large.jpg

No pics of the rear assembly, but here it is installed.

IMG_4946Large.jpg

Ready for an engine landing!

IMG_4948Large.jpg

Engine and tranny almost in.

IMG_4949Large.jpg

Duh da dahhhhh!

IMG_4951Large.jpg

Not quite sure what's going on here??

IMG_4955Large.jpg

My work is done. Let's hope Terry gets it on the road this summer!

IMG_4956Large.jpg

Had a great time, got fed well AND got to ride in the green bean!! Hey Terry.....is the front door locked?

Awesome that guys help each other here. That's what makes this community so great. Awesome stuff.

Bill

I didnt see a dizzy on the fromt of that orange motor, is that a SBC? We need more pics of the car...fewer pictures of Mark...

I didnt see a dizzy on the fromt of that orange motor, is that a SBC? We need more pics of the car...fewer pictures of Mark...
It's NOT orange. Just likes to look that way in pictures. See lift leg for reference.

I will be able to get back out to the garage this weekend to keep wrenching on stuff and will get some more detail shots of stuff. I played hookie from work for two days and am paying for it right now. Much to get corrected and caught up on before I can get back to the fun stuff.

So...job has kept me very busy and traveling lately. At least I'm back home now. Stuck in my office working but the garage is freezing cold anyway. So what's a guy to do when he can't wrench on the car? Buy stuff for the car! Expecting quite a bit of stuff to show up today when the big brown truck rolls by. I will get out to the car this weekend so lots of stuff to do and pics to post soon.

Just placed my order for this. Been debating it for a long time. Decided to give myself an early Christmas present. Be here in time to install over the holiday.
302-SERPENTINE-PS-2.jpg

Will you have clearance? I dont think i could fit that with my electric fan and radiator
It really doesn't stick out more forward then a stock system. Look at the pic and pay attention to the water pump pulley. Notice the end of the pump shaft sticking through the pulley? That is the farthest extending piece. It's kinda like having a "deep dish" wheel.

Back