• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hot dog eating Contest

lethal289

070704_joey_chestnut_hmed_11a.h2.jpg

:wtf

NEW YORK (AP) — Reigning champ Joey Chestnut has logged his third consecutive win in Coney Island's annual hot dog eating contest with a world-record 68 franks and buns.

He defeated his archrival, six-time titleholder Takeru Kobayashi (tah-KEHR'-roo koh-by-YAH'-shee), in Saturday's bout. Chestnut led throughout the contest.

Last year's event initially ended in a tie, with Chestnut and Kobayashi both gobbling down 59 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. Chestnut went on to win a dramatic five hot dog eat-off.

This year's Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest was broadcast live on ESPN.

Chestnut is from San Jose, Calif. Kobayashi is from Japan.

Two years ago here in Myrtle Beach, I watched that dude pound down about 40 BBQ sandwiches at a labor day festival and car show. I was sick just watching him. Funny thing was they brought some big burly dude from the crowd on stage to participate, and he could only get down like 4of them. That is just flat mad!

i just heard that he got 20 grand for winning that event, and there's a burger event comming up, the winner gets 50K, Talk about over paid ahh... Athletes?

Personally, I don't get it. But I guess it goes to show that everyone has a place in this old world of ours.

Back