• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hot Rod Week in NorCal

garner67

I'm sure many of you Nor Cal StangFix'ers know that the Good Guys show in Pleasanton is the weekend of Aug 27th. I wasn't planning to go to the show, because I'll be at the Shelby National Convention and vintage races at Sears Point Raceway that weekend.

However, I just was poking around the Good Guys website and I discovered that there are daily cruises scheduled Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs in different areas around Nor Cal. Since I'm in the final throws of my unemployment and I still have week days off in Aug, I'm thinking that I might participate in 1 or 2 of these cruise events. If any of you Nor Cal folks have a week day off (or wanna play hooky for the day) and are interested in participating in one of these cruise days, let me know. It'd be good to have more Mustangs in the group.

Here are some more details...

Hot Rod Week 2010 – A closer look!
With August fast approaching, let’s take a look at the annual tradition known as Hot Rod Week! Four jam-packed days of hot rodding fun will feature shop visits, lunch stops and kickin’ tires with rodders from around the globe! No registration is required and there is no fee. Just show up at the Pleasanton Hilton at 8am each morning, get a map and head off to join the Hot Rod Week Fun! All tours leave the back parking lot of the Hilton at 8:30am sharp!

Monday 8/23 – North Bay Area
Hot Rod Week 2010 starts off with a bang, heading to three of the North Bay area’s most treasured stops. We’ll start the day in historic Santa Rosa with visits to Fred Stoke’s Old Gas Station & Oil Can Collection and Vern Tardell’s “Flathead Ranch.� Opening Day will conclude at Steve & Glenda Castelli’s auto and memorabilia collection in scenic Healdsburg. It doesn’t get much better than this folks!

Tuesday 8/24 – Sacramento Valley
Day two will head east to visit California’s Capitol City, long a hot bed for hot rodding, with stops at John White’s “Rams Head Auto Collection� –which features some of the rarest and most pristine Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge automobiles you’ll ever see, So-Cal Speed Shop and the day’s final stop – the Taj Mahal for traditional hot rodders – Sacramento Vintage Ford!

Wednesday 8/25 – South BayArea
The Hot Rod Week tour moves to the Silicon Valley for day three with the first stop of the day at Larry Carter’s Car Collection featuring an eclectic blend of American and foreign autos. From there we’ll head deep into the Santa Cruz Mountains for a scenic drive and a stop at Canepa Design (home to some of the world’s most exotic race and sports cars) then back over the hill to San Jose for the day’s final stop at historic Goodie’s Speed Shop – former home to Lew Arrington’s Brutus Funny Car as well as the legendary “Jungle Jim� Liberman car.

Thursday 8/26 – North Bay and Wine Country
Wrap up Hot Rod Week 2010 with a visit to Al Engel’s car collection in Richmond featuring a wide array of classic cars and some great memorabilia. Then it’s up to the beautiful Sonoma Valley to the B.R. Cohn Winery for a visit to the exclusive wine property (which holds weekly classic car shows) and a look at proprietor Bruce Cohn’s private vehicle collection. The final stop for Hot Rod Week 2010 will be at Robbie Azevedo’s Pacific Coast Customs in American Canyon for a look at what this hard charging young customizer and his team are working on!

Mike:

I too am planning to go to Infineon that weekend. Not sure about the mid week cruises but the South Bay cruise ends at Goodies Speed Shop which is a couple of miles from my house. If there is some interest among the Stang Fix community who plan to participate in these cruises, perhaps we could get together for a BBQ or something at my place at the end of the day. By then Shag should be roadworthy and Justin's car should be mostly street legal and I'm still dying to see Stan's car so with the other NorCal cars already on the road (yours, mine, Mike Gullery's, etc,) we could have our own local show ......................Whaddya think?

Well I'll be on another road trip the day after our Sears Point BBQ but of the two wheel variety so using up more days for Mustang cruising ain't gonna happen. :shy

Back