1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

House to garage ratio

Discussion in 'Non Mustang General Discussion' started by guruatbol, Jun 28, 2017.

1. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

This guy has it right.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

tarafied1 and RapidRabbit like this.
  2. Jonk67

Jonk67 Active Member

Must be single...lucky bastard.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

tarafied1 likes this.
  3. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Nice. If I was single I'd build a studio apartment over a 6 car garage.

tarafied1 likes this.
  4. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

Don't have to be single, just need a wife that supports your hobbies!!

Jonk67 likes this.
  6. Jonk67

Jonk67 Active Member

Supporting hobbies is one thing, agreeing to build a house with more garages than bedrooms is a whole 'nuther ballpark... :)

7. Teebone

Teebone Active Member

I've told my wife for years all we need is a 2 bedroom house and an 8 car garage, so far we have a 4 car garage 4 more to go

8. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

I must be the luckiest guy in the world!

9. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

My garage is 1100 sq ft. I also have a 14x24 storage building.

I want to build another 30x60 building for the car hobby. Probably not going to happen.

I think I can get away with adding to the storage building and running power to it. I'll turn it into a wood shop.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

10. Kelly_H

Kelly_H Young Grasshopper

I keep an eye out for appropriately sized and shaped lots with houses that could stand to have another 6-car garage added on... not that I could afford one right now or anything, but it's always fun to dream.

FordDude and Mach1Mark like this.
  11. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I have more garage bays than bedrooms, but the number of bays are equal to the number of household pets. :(

12. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

That is the exact reason I purchased my existing home. It already had quite a bit of garage space but I dreamed of building the shop to hold more. The property was perfectly setup for the addition.

Jonk67 likes this.
  13. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

My garage is about 1500+ square feet.

I have 4 cars and my boat in there along with 2 large workbenches and shelving units along all the walls. Add in riding mower, trailers , a mustang power wheels and bikes and it feels like I need more room.

We have talked about adding another tandem garage on the side, but it's not in the budget for awhile.

14. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

What kind of wood? Fleetwood?

15. Jonk67

Jonk67 Active Member

These are all the items I put in the shed I built, all of those things are designed to scratch cars...

RapidRabbit likes this.
  16. Patrick Stapler

Patrick Stapler Active Member

I know what mine would be...if I won the lottery, 10:1...in favor of the garage.

17. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

I could get by with what I have now if I didn't have to share any of the space with the family. If I added another bay it would be deeper set behind the single I have currently. Likely wider so I could use it as a dedicated spray booth. I can rent space elsewhere for cars not being worked on.

18. Patrick Stapler

I could get by wth the space I have now as well. Unfortunately, I own none of it and none of it is located at my residence. My '66 is at my MIL's around the block. My two '65s are at my MIL's rental which is 30 miles away. Which is what frustrates the hell out of me. Living in the Historical District (Hysterical) sucks.

19. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

I would think classic mustangs would fit right in a historical district. :confused:

20. Patrick Stapler

Not with these snooty ass people. The bad thing, my house is not even historical...only 27 years old. That's the first thing they like to point out when we have to attend the meetings..."Ohhhh...they are Non-contributing" WTF are we supposed to be contributing too???

And yet we can't build a garage because our house wasn't built with one originally. Guess what, neither were my two next door neighbors or the two houses across the street. Guess what they have???...damn garages.