• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Houston flooded last night!

Dne'

Last night I was so sick! I slept through this storm only hearing some thunder. I looked out my back door/window, and water from a little creek was up to my back door! No water got into our home,but the lower portion of my garage got 8". The rear seats of my mustang were on the floor and they are submerged along with "other" unknowns. Our neighbor has 18" in his home! so, if anyone knows anyone that has some rear seats for a coupe, in black, let me know. or should I just re-upholster them? If I had known what was going on, I would have brought things to higher ground :cry.
dne'
IMG_8037.jpg

Thats Sux! Sorry to hear about that. You could always drive up to big D for the weekend, I bet you could find some seats at the Pate swapmeet this weekend. depending on what shape they are in, I'd recover them. Its not that hard, and you've definetly proven you have the talent.

Wow Dne, sorry to hear.
Was tough getting into work this morning, but fortunately the water only got half way up my front yard.
BTW, wet seats doesn't mean they're ruined by any means.
get them thoroughly dried out and use some Rid-X on them to kill the mildew smell. It's made by Turtle Wax.

PS: get Flood Insurance if you don't already have it. It's cheap peace of mind.

I thk I can salvage them

I've got my wet vac working on them, I think they'll be ok! :pep :pep Kind in a screwed up way of thinking, I thought that If I had to re-upholster, I'd do some accent to match the outside of the car, with orange, and then I'd have to do the front's too! lol All is ok. My poor neighbor though!

my next door neighbors home. His garage is the same level as his living area, it had 18" of water in it. Water's gone, but the damage is there! gag!
IMG_8044.jpg

Bogus!

The seats are savable for sure. Let them dry out real well and recover if necessary.

"Fast68back" said:
Good thing we left the boss on the rack.........

Dne' was on the rack during the flood???? Sounds kinda kinky to me... :pop

"Fast68back" said:
Good thing we left the boss on the rack.........

Dne' lives on the nice side of the tracks. It did not flood here in the projects. Another couple inches of rain
would have changed that.

Oh that sucks. I know from experience too. The '93 floods got us and all of our new apartment buildings we had just opened the month or so before.

Dne,
If need be I have some black coupe rear seats that are in good shape. They are from a 68 so they might not have the same exact pattern. They were redone in the 80's and look decent.
Sorry to hear about the flooding.

Thanks Tarafied, but I vacuumed out all the moisture I could, then sat a heater on the seat alternating from side to side, and seemed they survived ok! I'll spray em with some Febreze and maybe will cut down on any smells. Plus keeping them in the air conditioned part of my garage may help! Thanks!
dne'

Back