1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How are you coping with the 2018 federal government shutdown?

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Dec 22, 2018.

1. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels as Fast as Possible Donator

I guess I should’ve used the rolling eyes emoji in the title.

Mark

2. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. Fst Blk

Fst Blk Well-Known Member

If your deemed necessary you show up to work and don’t get paid until it’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

So is she going to pay back all the people who give her money once she gets her back pay?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

5. 69bosssvt

69bosssvt New Member

I'm so busy servicing government employees car right now that I can't see straight....I sure wish they would go back to work...lol! The busiest January in over 20 years to date....

6. Hope you're getting paid :)

69bosssvt likes this.
  7. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

I don't want anyone who earns a paycheck to go without but the coverage of this is so funny. If you listen closely you might be able to hear some news sources tell you that workers JUST missed their first paycheck since this started. CNN would have us think these people were immediately destitute and starving day one. I realize most Americans tend to live paycheck to paycheck so by next payroll day things will be much more challenging for those affected but let's not forget the majority will get all their back pay when this comes to an end. I just read this morning that TSA workers will be paid for one day plus a $500 bonus if they had to work during the holiday (paid for with some other funds not affected).

8. Fst Blk

Fst Blk Well-Known Member

Federal credit unions are offering interest free loans. There is no reason a government employee should be destitute after missing one check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msell66 likes this.