• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How good is this?

There's a lot to like there. Love the color. I played around with the idea of using a rootbeer/creme two-tone on the truck. Some very cool little details and thought went into it. I'm not fond of the interior. To me, it's a mish-mash of a number of styles and too harsh and hard with all the painted steel. Then of course, it's a Chevy so...

Sedan great....Chevy Okay.....current motor and other goodies...fine. But never been a fan of all that painted underside . I want a driver.

You can drive a car with a painted belly. Its not going to stay perfect but its better than say a red oxide primer in terms of durability. Plus its easier to keep clean. And let's pretend it doesn't look great. Not saying this ride in question will ever be a driver just that painting the bottom doesn't mean you can't drive it. I'm wrestling with how I will finish the underside of the truck. It will be painted just not sure with what. Leaning toward a simple 2K black gloss to match the wheels but I am also strongly considering laying down some Raptor liner again. Love that stuff and it serves a couple good purposes.

You're right. I'm just not a fan of show cars...roll on the trailer , roll off the trailer. But I guess its an art piece rather than a vehicle.

Oh, I hate a show car as much as anyone. Cars are meant to be driven. Whether in barn find condition or a six-figure restoration they need to be on the street. That's why I DO finish the bottom of my builds. They stay nicer and are nicer to drive with the added sound deadening and insulation the Raptor liner I use provides.

These cars typically do 2 or 3 years on the show circuit then driven. The prize money pays for the build

You can drive a car with a painted belly. Its not going to stay perfect but its better than say a red oxide primer in terms of durability. Plus its easier to keep clean. And let's pretend it doesn't look great. Not saying this ride in question will ever be a driver just that painting the bottom doesn't mean you can't drive it. I'm wrestling with how I will finish the underside of the truck. It will be painted just not sure with what. Leaning toward a simple 2K black gloss to match the wheels but I am also strongly considering laying down some Raptor liner again. Love that stuff and it serves a couple good purposes.
You could always try the tintable Raptor liner and get the best of both worlds.

There was some red oxy paint and some batch paint on the bottom of my car from the factory. What I did was go to my local paint supply store and had them mix up 2k urethane paint that looks like the red oxy and matched the batch paint. It's a lot tougher, will last longer, and keep the original look for a long time.

Back