• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How To REMOVE electrical wiring from back up light housing

chris canion

I picked up a extra set of each Brake lights housing and Reverse Lights from a Local Mustang Dismantler Since mine are in good shape and i wanted to Powdercoat these Gloss Black on the outer Housing And gloss white on the inners.

I am currently trying to remove the wiring from the housing and do not want to mess them up; there is a Post from in in 2009 on how to repair 69 reverse lights and had a PDF with a walk thru..sadly the PDF link no longer works and was seeing if anyone had it saved some where; also suggestions maybe on how to restore the wires instead of buying new Repo's and using their wires believe i paint 50 or 60 buck when i bought a repo one(which is lost in a box right now in storage)

Any help would be great thanks

chris

Below is pic's of the parts to get Powder coated

http://s105.photobucket.com/user/sav_syn_sptz/70stang/Tail light and Revers Light Resto/story

Thank you very Much got the housing and electrical connections separated finally..

Incase does anyone make or redo original wires? the bungs or rubber parts that go threw the trunk are broke missing a 1/4 of them any way to replace?

Not that I know of. One suggestion in a case like that is, donor housings. It shouldn't be difficult to pick up some crusty pitted housings cheaply and then rob the wiring.

Not that I know of. One suggestion in a case like that is, donor housings. It shouldn't be difficult to pick up some crusty pitted housings cheaply and then rob the wiring.

Gotta check the condition of mine on my car these where a $25 buy with a rear valence; mine was hit by my fiance when she was starting my 96gt smashed my pass side revers light and valence. " left the car in first and she didnt see" my 1970 was on jack stands and launched in to some cabinets smashing i believe the bumper mount on driver side and drivers side headlight trim gone and hood trim gone

Back