• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hows your front end stance?

"cmayna" said:
205/15's in front
225/15's in back

FYI, I have the same tires with a 4.25 wheel offset. My front fenders rubbed a little, so I rolled all four fender lips.

"daveSanborn" said:
Be careful not to cut too much coil off of the springs. There are cars pictured within this thread that have tire rub and/or extreme header collector to speed bump clearance issues. Your goal should be to get the ride height as low as possible, but also where there is NO tire rub (under any conditions) and the car can be driven w/o trepidation of encountering an imperfect road surface (pot-hole/speedbump).
Thanks Dave, wheres your pics and info?

How many of you guys have rubbing issues with your low look?

No rubbing issues here.

We are still talking about tires right?

On the front I am running 1" drop springs w/1" Shelby drop, OT designed built by me roller spring perches. 17x8" SN95 mustang rims, w/ 245/45/17's. Rear is 5 leaf Mid-eye springs, soon to be Maier racing adjustable panhard bar. 17x10.5" SN95 mustang rims, w 315/35/17's. Not sure if I want to get the rear a little lower yet though. I'm running the Vintage Venom Cobra brake kit also.

Carlisle08Winter09211-1.jpg

Carlisle08Winter09210-1.jpg

Carlisle08Winter09206-1.jpg

Carlisle08Winter09209-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish mine sat at that ride height. I don't get why mine is so high. Do roller perches make a big difference in ride height?

"RapidRabbit" said:
Do roller perches make a big difference in ride height?

No, not exactly, but what it does is let the suspension move without binding. I don't think they actually drop anything.....I have been known to be wrong though (insert one of millions of times). If you don't have them, get em...you will not regret it.

Thanks Dave, wheres your pics and info?

Darnit, I knew you were going to ask me....

The short answer is that other than pictures of the ride height, my car wouldn't be a good car to compare yours to. I'm using 17x8 late model "bullit" style wheels on a R&C MII adjustable coilover front suspension and an adj. coilover 4Link rear suspension. The 9" rearend housing was been narrowed. I can alter my ride height both front and rear just by breaking out a few wrenches.

Using my car to "guesstimate" tire sizes and wheel offsets for you car would not be wise.

3_07_09_08_6_18_51_4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"lethal289" said:
How many of you guys have rubbing issues with your low look?

I have no rubbing issues. Very close, but has never rubbed. I used to worry about it at first, but not anymore.

But I do have header collector clearance issues sometimes. But a pair of shorties in lieu of my full lengths would remedy that.

"silverblueBP" said:
Now THAT is how a Grabber's supposed to look :pep

+1 :wstup Beautiful Car Grabber70Mach.

"daveSanborn" said:
Using my car to "guesstimate" tire sizes and wheel offsets for you car would not be wise.
Thanks Dave, I am just trying to compile as much info as i can in this thread. Very Nice by the way. :craz

"lethal289" said:
+1 :wstup Beautiful Car Grabber70Mach.
It is a great looking Grabber Mach (no offense to the GO Mach's).

I don't have rubbing unless the car is full of people and stuff in the trunk. Then only on hefty bumps like RR tracks at speed (55+)

Back