• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hows your front end stance?

Finally got a chance to swap my springs out.

Stock height vs. 620# Grab a track.

166_23_11_09_5_16_18_0.jpg

166_23_11_09_5_16_19_1.jpg

There is 4 inches difference between the springs. So i decided to install them as is. I didn't cut anything off of the coils.

166_23_11_09_5_16_20_2.jpg

A picture of the fender height before installation (With stock height Springs).

166_23_11_09_5_16_20_3.jpg

A pic with the 620#

166_23_11_09_5_16_21_4.jpg

Almost 1 inch exactly lower in ride height.

From the fender to the top of the tire:

Before
166_23_11_09_5_18_19_0.jpg

After
166_23_11_09_5_18_20_1.jpg

The best i could do for a side shot as the weather had turned Nasty.

166_23_11_09_5_18_21_2.jpg

I'm a little disappointed because i was hoping they would drop the front even further. I guess ill leave it be for now, and maybe come spring if it has not settled any (I am doubtful it will) i will trim some off the coils.

At least now I dont have to worry about scrapping the roof off of my garage door pulling the car in and out.

Last edited by a moderator:
"lethal289" said:
Hows your front end stance?

Perfect. :craz

waterford-6-9-09_2.jpg

Tires are 225/45/17 slicks on 17x8 CL205's.

ttm_black3.jpg

Street shoes are 235/45/17's on 17x8 TTM's.

Using full super bling Street or Track tubular UCA - lowered 1" to Shelby specs, LCA & Adjustable Strut Rods, 1-1/8" sway bar, 600lb front springs with lots cut off, Bilstein Sport valved shocks:

control_arms2.jpg

That car can haul ass too. Shaun and I have done some open track events together. It's been a while so I bet it's even faster now. Nice looking control arms Shaun.

Nice camber kit too :naug

"Opentracker" said:
That car can haul ass too. Shaun and I have done some open track events together. It's been a while so I bet it's even faster now. Nice looking control arms Shaun.

Alright shaun, so lets see whats under the hood too! :$$$

Jake, after you installed the new springs did you move it around while turning the wheel? If not, it WILL settle more.

What size tires are on your car Lethal289?

My fender opening is about an inch higher than yours is now (26.75"). I'm running 225 70 14's. The picture in my signature is all I have at the moment. I would like mine a little lower but not much.

"silverblueBP" said:
Jake, after you installed the new springs did you move it around while turning the wheel? If not, it WILL settle more.
No i didnt move it around really. I did jack up each control arm individually and drop it back to the ground though. I figured that should be sufficient. The weather is crap here (and is suppose to suck through the week end), so i didn't want to pull it out.

"silverblueBP" said:
He's running one of those tiny V6's
:lol

I bet... Yeah right

"Opentracker" said:

Yep, it's got OT roller perches and camber kit also. I LOVE the camber kit. I set my UCA's as short as possible and use the LCA eccentric to set camber. I'm at -2.75* with the LCA in the inboard #3 hole. Gives me gobs of tire to fender clearance.

Nothing fancy under the hood. 289 with ported/polished heads, Comp Magnum 270 cam, Stealth intake, full length long tubes into 2.5" pipes, x-pipe and mandrel bent tailpipes.

Jake,
Yes take the car for a quick jaunt and it will drop a little more. Without reading the whole thread again, are you running ORP's perches?

Got the car out today, put about 15 miles on it, And you guys were right. when i got home and back in the garage, it looks like the coil swap made the front fall a total of almost 2 inches. Im going to keep it like this for a while. Way better look then how it used to be. Heres a pic i took while i was out!

166_28_11_09_1_44_42_1.jpg

Did you drop the UCA like the shelby's?
I think you can reach your goal with these springs AND the shelby drop.IMHO.

Back