• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hows your front end stance?

"B67FSTB" said:
Did you drop the UCA like the shelby's?
I think you can reach your goal with these springs AND the shelby drop.IMHO.
No, i never did drop the control arms. But i kind of like it where its at now. If only it will settle a bit more! :ecit

Looks nice Jake. Same tire to fender gap front and back. I would leave it like that for a while too.

We'll be having an after Xmas special on the roller perches too, no worries.

Looks good now Jake!

At least you won't need to let the air out of the tires now!

Yep, looks nice, plus having the center caps on the wheels helps give it a finished look.

"AzPete" said:
Yep, looks nice, plus having the center caps on the wheels helps give it a finished look.
:lol Funny you noticed the center caps. These TTII dont allow a socket on the lugs with the center caps installed. Theres 5 allen screws that hold the caps on so I needed to make sure i was done taking the wheels off before i put them back on. If only i would have painted the drums first!

"Grabber70Mach" said:
On the front I am running 1" drop springs w/1" Shelby drop, OT designed built by me roller spring perches. 17x8" SN95 mustang rims, w/ 245/45/17's. Rear is 5 leaf Mid-eye springs, soon to be Maier racing adjustable panhard bar. 17x10.5" SN95 mustang rims, w 315/35/17's. Not sure if I want to get the rear a little lower yet though. I'm running the Vintage Venom Cobra brake kit also.

Carlisle08Winter09211-1.jpg

Carlisle08Winter09210-1.jpg

Carlisle08Winter09209-1.jpg
Carlisle08Winter09206-1.jpg

Great Car!

I have the same rear springs. I was disappointed with how high it rode. Put drop blocks in and did not like the feel.

Will look into alternatives when I redo the front end again.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is old news for some but you can get the ride height and spring rate you want for free. If your willing to put in the time, you can rebuild your leaf springs. Here is some info on it.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/544275-lowering-rear-car-w-o-blocks-long.html

I've never bought a new set of leaf springs for any of our cars. I do dumpster-diving to get used sets and make my own leaf packs.

You want all the spring to happen in the rear half of the leaf pack. The front should act like a swing-arm. Build 'em like this and you won't need any traction aids.

........................... FRONT -----> .............................
large1pnms2307.jpg

I've been trying to load this picture all day, finally had to have J load it for me. Wanted to show how the car looks lower in some pictures, maybe its just me...

26_30_11_09_1_54_54.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your sig does look a little lower then the pic posted. But that could just be camera angle. Either way, looks great!

Why don't you just let the air out of your low-rider setup? You be slam'n biotch :coo

Back