• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hyd Clutch MC reservoir installed

After looking high and low for a bracket for the reservoir, I found one, laying on my workbench..... I had a bracket sitting around from the reverse switch (don't need the bracket with the T5). I had to cut a little off the bottom but I think it works well for what I need. Now I need a couple fittings and a line to connect the MC and the reservoir.

2_05_04_09_7_49_27_1.JPG

2_05_04_09_7_49_26_0.JPG

2_05_04_09_7_49_28_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,
I know nadda about Hyd Clutch set ups so forgive me in advance, but with the gauge and shape of that bracket, I question if it is enough support for the reservoir? Is there any flex? during usage?

I'm not expecting a lot of flex, most of the reservoirs for Hyd clutch kits are plastic with plastic tab mounting points. Basically, its just going to feed the MC with fluid and the line will be flexible.

Yeah, but I can still get the cap off. I could not go any further to the right because the firewall has a recess right next to where I mounted it. If I mounted it inside that recess the bracket would have needed to be longer to make up for the recess. I also like that the bar somewhat conceals the reservoir.

"Fast68back" said:
.. most of the reservoirs for Hyd clutch kits are plastic with plastic tab mounting points.

Well, there ya go. Sounds like you got it covered then.

As long as you can easily fill it is all that would matter to me. Not that you should need to be re-filling it or anything though.

Back