• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I am complaining about people that come to my work.

David67

Well out of the 5 people that I have not met on Stangfix, I work at Trader Joe's a unique neighborhood grocery store. If you haven't been to one, you need to go to one.

Anyways my complaint is about the stupid people that use ebt food (aka food stamps) and how much they get each month. Seriously what makes you deserve 700 bucks or more a month to feed yourself and your kids. Well now you can buy that nice piece of steak and the expensive kobi beef because the state pays for it. OH I need a case of Fuji water that's 20 bucks, no problem the state will pay it for me. Hey I also need some cash for alcohol, no big deal I have Ebt cash so I can spend it on whatever I want. Oh I don't own a car but my boyfriend bought me a brand new escalade with 22 inch rims and bangin sound system. Oh yeah he's the father of my kids but I don't get a single cent from him. :nice You know as long you don't put anything about him you can rape the state out of taxpayers money. You know keep popin those kids out so you can get more money. As long you can hide it from the state hell why not. :mod

Well when have a lady get all upset at you because her ebt card is almost of money because she didn't know her balance on her card. Then whines that she couldn't buy what she really wanted. Told her SORRY. I wanted to tell her to FUCK off. :bird I just smiled :cool Then goes to tell me that she would be getting 700 bucks on her card tomorrow because it's that time for her to get more money. Remember they get this each month. Maybe if she gotten off her ass and did something other then wait for her man to pay for anything she wouldn't be like this. :2guns

If you can't stop having kids get fixed. You'll save the world the trouble, then I won't have to watch your kids run around like little fuckin manics because you don't care what they do or get into. You just ignore them. You tell them to stop they just laugh at you. Remember you are the one looking like a bad parent with kids running all over the place. Don't blame on tv because its all your fault for giving them rules and boundaries. Can't keep them under control start beating them!!! Nahhh to violent. I would take everything out there room and leave them with white walls, sleep bag and pillow. Keep them in there one night be strong :nice If they start crying hand them a tissue box. :guns

I understand if you need the help but to be on it my whole life, hell no. Probably because I have pride in myself and I would be too embarrassed to go to the store. Also this trader joe's is near the ghetto of North Long Beach so I see this all the time. Today I just need to write about it. I feel better. Later

Welcome to the nanny state David, not to be mean, but it's nice to hear that it pisses you off! You're in an ever increasing group.

My wife got pregnant when she was 17 years old. She had our daughter at 18, 3 months before graduating high school, and 6 years before we met (I have since adopted her)

When she got pregnant, her mom (who works for the state of florida assisting young spanish speaking women who get pregnant before they are independent) laid down a few rules

1)Go get a job today...from this day forward, you work for a living. I'll help you, but damn if this baby is my financial problem.
2)Don't you dare consider dropping out of high school, or getting your GED...you will WALK with your class in June.
3)Don't bring no ghetto ass foodstamps or welfare shit into my house. You had the fun of getting pregnant, you can have the job of paying for it.

The only government assistance my wife did accept was WIC, which helped pay for formula, which is extremely expensive for a teenager to buy. My wife had had surgery that made her require formula.

She did not have a car with 22s. She had a 1979 Ford LTD with a leaky roof and a garbage bag window.

My wife says now she knows that when she got pregnant that two paths were laid out in front of her. One where she became a shiftless layabout, spitting out kids and collecting whatever she could, or one where she became a responsible parent, grew up, and did what she had to do to deal with what happened.

When I met my wife she had two jobs, was working upwards of 12 hours a day, but was out of the house from 6AM until 10PM, worked 8 hours in the office of a farm, and then drove an hour to sears, worked until 9, then an hour back home, and was busting her ass to support her daughter...but she did it with very little help, aside from her family.

I am damn proud of all my wife has accomplished, and what she was able to do, and how well she has done for herself to this day, not having the luxury of a college education, but still able to excel at any job she's taken, and become successful through her own hard work.

When you tell someone "you have to work for your living" like my mother-in-law did, you'll be amazed what people can and will do to make it. When you tell them they don't have to, don't be shocked when they don't bother.

Steve

Steve, can't wait to meet her at MBB. We need her giving speeches in every school in this country. Two thumbs up to her.

That is a great story Steve, she needs to write a book, then with the gazillion dollars that would roll in....she could finally relax!

I don't know about you but it is almost embarrassing to me to use a gift card to pay for diner, I can't even imagine using food stamps. If someone gives us a gift card for our anniversary or whatever I hate to use them. Always feel like the wait staff is thinking you wouldn't otherwise be able to eat there. I don't know, just a strange hang up of mine I guess. I've used them when people have given them to us in the past but I hate it.

I cannot imagine being on food stamps for long term. I have too much pride for that and would rather earn what I have.

I know I put myself through college working whatever shit jobs I could get. My Mom and dad had my oldest sister by the time Dad was in college. He worked full time plus went to school and my mom worked two jobs while my grandmother watched my sister.

It can be done but these scam artists would rather smoke crack and sit on their ass all day while we pick up the tab.

I really believe the the motto of "if you don't work, you don't eat".

the sad thing is there are likely people who deserve the help but are too proud to get it (much less ask for it)... and they would be the type to get it until theyre back on their feet... and not until theyre 6 feet under

If you can't stop having kids get fixed. You'll save the world the trouble, then I won't have to watch your kids run around like little fuckin manics because you don't care what they do or get into. You just ignore them. You tell them to stop they just laugh at you. Remember you are the one looking like a bad parent with kids running all over the place. Don't blame on tv because its all your fault for giving them rules and boundaries. Can't keep them under control start beating them!!!

Isn't there a "no animals" policy in the store? You should bring a gun to work and start enforcing it.

Unfortunately, there's a lot for folks that are cradle to grave welfare takers. They figured out how to cheat the system, and the rest of us are paying for it.

P.S. Bone can kiss my tax paying ass.

Back