• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I bought my mom a Cadillac...

RapidRabbit

Donator
I picked up another project yesterday.

My mom has a Cadillac DeVille that she loves. Last winter some dumb ass. Slid into her in a parking lot at her doctors office and put a large crater in rear bumper.

Long story short driver had no insurance, was driving someone else's car. So my mom is stuck footing the bill. Really pisses me off!

She can't afford her rates to go up and her deductible is high, so I told her I would take care of it. She's retired, lives alone and on a fixed income.

So I bought this. It was cheaper to buy a whole car than a new bumper so I bought her a parts car. The plan is to stockpile parts in my attic over the garage and sell off the rest of the parts she doesn't need.

You can see her car in the back of one of the pictures. Color matches so it's just a simple bumper swap.

f87b5f03709f1b2447393f56141e47fb.jpg
e4abd19411460cb9011361ef1ea0dc42.jpg
35a874f6518b5da0590fcb59031105ec.jpg
c427e2fc5e37af9fca3ec96b6778c707.jpg

My MIL had the same model in white, what is that generation going to drive when Cadillac discontinues that barge style car? LOL.

Just a warning all the computers failed on hers, ABS, TC, etc were lit up when I sold it to an independent lot (Caddy dealer would not buy it) at 6 yrs old (2005 new 30k+ sold in 2011) and got $2500 for it and ran.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, these things are huge all right.

They are definitely a nightmare when things go wrong. This one has a blown head gasket so I got it cheap. Pretty much an eventual certainty on the Northstar V8s. The head bolts let go and the fix is a nightmare.

Yeah we let it go for the winter. But I came across this car cheap so I figured it couldn't hurt to have a spare everything.

My neighbor has a '94 Eldorado that she bought in 1996. Unfortunately parts are indeed a problem as some of the mechanical pieces are NLA and some trim pieces are getting brittle. Last year someone smacked her rear bumper in a parking lot and the chrome plastic trim piece at the corner was damaged. It took me several weeks to locate an undamaged used piece at a salvage yard in Arizona and get it shipped out here. Her mechanic is telling her that he can't locate some engine parts and has to patch/cobble together what is there when it breaks. There will be day when these cars will resemble those in Havana.

Back