• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate hood prop rods....

AzPete

.....so I get rid of them as soon as I can. Got these hood supports late last night from the local UPS guy and installed this am. So nice. They do not "spring" the hood open as it does require a bit of a lift but not near as much as with the prop rod. They hold the hood up fine. This is the second set (different cars) I have used from MRT and am satisfied with their product.
1210000745.jpg

Yep.....loosen one bolt, remove another....install the hood side and tighten. Remove one bolt and install the lower mount and snap the strut in...per side. 20 min. job.

Specific to the '05 and up Mustangs. Our hoods are aluminum and the attachment is designed for OEM bolt usage.

Using prop rods on fiberglass hoods can be a pain. Before getting the light hood springs, I was using a piece of rebar as my hood prop. I didn't get it placed in just the correct spot, and it slipped and put a nice hole in the bottom frame of the hood!!! I'll just add it to the list: One more thing to fix. Time to get some :gs

Cool!! I love your motor :bowdown! It's so clean looking! It'd be neat if there was a motor cover for the classics, eventhough I have a nice looking motor, a complete engine cover like yours would be simply charming!
dne'

Looking good!
Santa just brought me some Redline props for my 08.
Hopefully they will be as easy to install as yours.

"joesgt281" said:
Looking good!
Santa just brought me some Redline props for my 08.
Hopefully they will be as easy to install as yours.

I believe there is drilling into the hood for those. Just be careful and use a depth gauge so you do not dent the top side of the hood. Should be no problem.

Back